• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error 205 while launching Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oi, toda vez que eu abro o photoshop 2022 aparece que deu o erro 205 e então fecha automaticamente, já desinstalei e instalei o photoshop. Como posso resolver esse problemaimagem_2022-05-26_195913709.png

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title}

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Hi all,

We're sorry for the error 205. We have identified this issue and working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can sign out and sign in from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Try signing out of the Creative Cloud desktop app, and then signing back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Hi @jpedrodp2003, sorry you are seeing this.

I think the solution is to log out/in of the CreativeCloud desktop app, did this solve the issue?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After running through their procedure a couple of times it became apparent that Microsoft has redesigned the UI for the Credential Manager and they now differentiate between Web Credentials and Windows Credentials. The appropriate credentials are located in the Windows Credentials. Further, it appears that the credentials renew in real-time when removed (that or there are just a ton of adobe credentials to be removed) Either way, I removed any adobe credential that was older than today. Followed with a reboot and the problem resolved.  For the record, the initial support response regarding the download errors and potential anti-virus software interference has zero to do with the technical cause of the error. Code 205 is specific to credential problems. Support needs to correct the online response to the Code 205 search results. Crap information like that leads to a major frustration for the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Trevor, it is indeed a credential issue but Adobe's search results steer you off in the wrong direction. See my reply above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact Custormer Support? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ᅵ249278018c5n, try logging out and then back in through your CC app. Did this solved the issue?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved this problem by simply completely uninstalling Photoshop 2022 and reinstalling it.  It was impossible to find Adobe support.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Photoshop got a major upgrade once reinstalled.  This is probably related to the issue.  I used to work in the software industry and this was common after updates.  Kevy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just resolved this problem by simply completely uninstalling Photoshop 2022 and reinstalling it.  It was impossible to find Adobe support.  I just uninstalled and reinstalled it.  Photoshop got a major upgrade once reinstalled.  This is probably related to the issue.  I used to work in the software industry and this was common after updates.  Kevy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@thomasq48929585 wrote:

Do you speak about this kind of mesage ?

Thomas, did the post marked "correct" answer your question?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes for Photoshop error 205

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are @thomasq48929585  (who asked the question) and @KevyMichaels the same user with different Adobe IDs?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should we wait for Thomas to confirm the answer before marking it correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci c'est parfait 👌 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

yes that worked; I seem to remember, that I didn't even have to restart the system - just signed out and then logged in again - but perhaps Iforgot that I also did a restart.

In any case it worked well and only happened that first time after the update concerned.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Cory !
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good one Cory. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thank you Cory.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followed all of the advice given in this thread but still get the 205 error when I try to launch Photoshop. Unbelievable that Adobe takes our subscriptions, breaks something on most updates, and then depends on the (greatly appreciated) kindness of unpaid volunteers to provide support.

However, as they do, does anyone have any further suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jem

However, as they do, does anyone have any remaining suggestions?

Many thanks,

Jem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all OS updates on my desktop, uninstalled, PS, then reinstalled.

The error went away.

This need is typical with software updates. I tried this as a go-to while
waiting on a support solution. It worked.

Kevy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci  ca marche et c'est cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WOW, I was truly loosing myself over this and had some many trial and errors! Its definetly a Windows 11 problem, after photoshop update. I managed to fix this by creating a certificate based credential for adobe in the credential manager on windows. - CONTROL PANEL > CREDENTIAL MANAGER > WINDOWS CREDENTIALS > ADD A CERTIFICATE BASED CREDENTIAL > AND THEN ADD ADOBE.COM 

this solved the problem for me. hope it helps thanx @dgramkow for the feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the error 205. We have identified this issue and working on the fix. In the meanwhile, you can sign out and sign in from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As one who has, on more than one occasion (and at least once in this thread), criticised Adobe for relying on the community to support its products, I feel I need to publicly eat my words.
Having tried all of the suggestions here, and still being unable to run Photoshop, I used the support chat service. I was connected quickly to an operative who ran a remote credentials clean-up and fixed the problem within a few minutes. My advice, if you're still experiencing this problem, is to use the support chat service. On this occasion it most certainly did the job for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging out and back in does not work. The only thing that works is to create a new user on the mac which is not a realistic option. All other Apps work fine. It's specific to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
Having fought this fault, I feel your pain! There is an answer that works, which is to contact Adobe's much criticised support. I did so, expecting the vacuous, formulaic answers you get from most company's support staff, only to get through almost immediately to a knowledgeable, helpful guy who ran a remote fix and restored my Photoshop to functionality and my opinion of Adobe to... well, certainly better than it was.

Give the support chat a whirl - I hope it goes as well for you as it did for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online chat is nothing more than a bot that takes you for a useless ride. Not sure how you actually were helped. Could you explaine what they did to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate