• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Healing brush & clone stamp tools lagging

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, and my healing brush tools and clone stamp tool lags when I use it.  I had no prior issues with CC 2018.  What gives?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
Please update to 20.0.2 and let us know if you're still seeing the lag/spinning cursor while/after brushing. This issue should be fixed in 20.0.2. Thanks for reporting this issue!

The issue where there's a lag with Rulers showing is a separate issue that is still being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 184 Replies 184
184 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed you my system info just now. For anyone else reading this thread, HIDING RULER eliminated the brush lag on my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the ruler eliminated my brush lag. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Hiding the rulers eliminated my brush lag. That is a bummer that hiding the ruler doesn't solve everyone's brush lag issues. Here's to a quick fix from Adobe, Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the ruler fix and preserve details fix does not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to reinstall 2018... 2019 is unusable due to this bug 😕 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, after updating to PS CC2019 I'm having a ton of issues with the brush tool, I've cross posted this from twitter and other adobe forums in the interest of clearer bug reporting and visibility.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
macOS Mojave 10.14
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
Wacom Cintiq 27QHD

These all seem to be linked to Mojave specifically and only occur when rulers are visible. If they are hidden they do not occur. I have attempted a number of regular performance fixes that adobe customer support suggested on twitter as well as different forums, this includes things like purging preferences, re-installation, turning off GPU use and turning on legacy compositing. From what I've gathered from other users, with most people experiencing this issue the common links are, PS CC2019, Mojave, Ruler visibility and a Wacom product.

The reproducible bugs are:

1: If I hold a brushstroke for any more than a second or two (with rulers visible) I get a busy cursor (a ring of rotating dots) this happens no matter if Im using my mouse or the wacom. It no longer allows me to see the brush tip shape but will continue to make the brush stroke just fine. This happens no matter how small the document or how simple the brush.

2: After I make multiple consecutive brush strokes photoshop cant seem to quite keep up, if I make 5 brush strokes in rapid succession the first one may appear in real time but they rapidly begin to fall behind where my cursor actually is. This does not happen in cc2018 where i'm using the exact same brush on the same document size. These are simple round brushes on small documents, I'm really not pushing it. (This may have improved with a preference reset its hard to tell)

3: It seems to occasionally (every 10th input or so) skip a brushstroke, making only a single low opacity circle or no mark at all without drawing the rest of the line. I can scrub the cursor across the document at full pressure and it makes no mark till I lift the pen off the tablet to make a new mark.

To clarify these issues only seem to occur when rulers are visible, all though I will still very rarely get a busy cursor when painting with them hidden all though that seems unrelated.

Heres a video showing at least the busy cursor bug: https://youtu.be/cSet4UQiitw
The other bugs are too inconsistent to easily show but seem related to the issue since they all occur under the same conditions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to adjust graphic performance preferences to Normal. It's under Settings / Performance / GPU settings / Advanced. Also disable Anti-aliasing for paths and curves. Photoshop needs to be restarted afterwards to take effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also started getting weird rectangular patterns showing up on the screen while using the brush. Sometimes thin like in this example image. Sometimes really large. If you continue to brush over the image it slowly goes away. Or, if you change the opacity of the layer, the whole thing goes away immediately. But, it's happening often. It seems to me that CC 2019 is quite unstable, yet at least usable without the rulers.  RackMultipart20181025107408vdo-90ad7ddc-3255-4099-9e6e-298dd26afd1e-2078812158.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm having a similar problem as well, except in my case it manifests as empty black squares. performing a zoom seems to clear it, so just like your case it's not destructive, rather something in how photoshop is rendering the live image

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks! this didn't fix the busy cursor problem for me, but it did improve my overall performance, pen latency seems better now

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I will still very rarely get a busy cursor when painting with them hidden"

i think this might have to do with technique a little. something about the way i draw seems to trigger the busy cursor constantly, even with rulers disabled 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely a different issue: If you go to Preferences > Performance... and check "Legacy Compositing" - restart Photoshop - does everything render correctly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

In Photoshop2019 there are problems with the pencil tool and the Doge and Burn toll. Thebusy cursor displays while painting. It does the same when I use the Dodge andBurn toll.

Adobe hasgiven this solution to the problem. It does not help at all installing photoshopcc 2019. The problem came with Photoshop cc 2019  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macosmojave.html

Bestregards

Vidar LienDahl

Norway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Mojave but not CC19 - still on CC18. Using my same old wacom that I have had ages. same issues - brush tool paints but if I keep holding a stroke down  I get waiting cursor. Rulers thing makes no difference I'm afraid.
Can one go back to high sierra fairly easily? might try to downgrade the system if its possible, till this bug is ironed out.
 EDIT - turned off rulers then re-started photoshop - problem gone. Don't use rulers hardly ever so hopefully it stays this way. I'm not gonna upgrade to CC19!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, this resolved it! thanks so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an update on this, i'm now able to produce the busy cursor using the track pad as well, so i guess this doesn't have to do with the tablet specifically

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just upgraded to both PS 2019 and Mojave.  My brushes and tools get a spinning time out wheel when used, making it very difficult to work.  And I have deadlines!!   In a little bit of a panic.   I tried a workaround for PS 2018 with the security preferences but nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here but on a PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has plagued me for some time and I thought it was my machine. However, I just updated my OSX to 10.14.1 (beta) and the problem is gone. If you are in the Apple beta program give today's update a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOS!

Since updating to the latest Mojave OS and the latest Adobe Photoshop CC I am noticing:
1) The liquify tool creates black pixels on the liquified layer after applying the liquify. 
2) The brush tool seems to be lagging. So far it's the only tool that appears to do so but is one of the tools I use regularly (photographer) and it's quite significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Problem gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of posting unlikely workarounds and/or suggestion, when Adobe is going to fix those RIDICULOUS issues?
We are not talking about issues affecting some improbable combination of operations...
We are talking about bugs on tools used EVERY SECONDS from photoshoppers.
How could a product su buggy pass the QA test?
I'm shocked as photoshop user since 1993 !!!!
Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it is ridiculous. I have the same problems on pc with win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to CC 2019 on my iMac 5K with A4wacom  but I have got none of the problems you guys are having..

Great performances actually, just the healing brush seems to render the healing a bit different than before, less smooth somehow.

Note that I did not update to Mojave as I usually wait for a v .0.2  from Apple, still running on Sierra High

Votes

Translate

Translate