• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Healing brush & clone stamp tools lagging

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated to Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, and my healing brush tools and clone stamp tool lags when I use it.  I had no prior issues with CC 2018.  What gives?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019
Please update to 20.0.2 and let us know if you're still seeing the lag/spinning cursor while/after brushing. This issue should be fixed in 20.0.2. Thanks for reporting this issue!

The issue where there's a lag with Rulers showing is a separate issue that is still being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 184 Replies 184
184 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when all Macs are running the same Adobe Photoshop code - but only some of the Macs are exhibiting the problems you mention - logic tells us that some Macs are giving a different result for the same instruction ...

... which puts us right back to square one in terms of their inability to see these issues in testing.

So realistically, it probably comes down to 1 of 3 scenarios:

1. They didn't test the new version on your version of Mac -> highly unlikely.

2. They tested it -> saw the issue you mention -> but decided to release it anyway. Also highly unlikely IMO.

3. They tested it -> didn't see the issues you're seeing -> and so released it. IMO this is most likely.

So I absolutely empathise with the issues you're having; I've struck things that are very frustrating too from time to time (like the inability to open any file in Ps by double-clicking on it) - but "saying what we think they should have done" is really for us to do ... but their ability to do anything about it is another issue entirely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I'm a software engineer as my first job.

I tested Photoshop an all the machines we have in the office (31 machines) and I found the same issue an all of them with some slightly difference depending on the speed of the machine.

So given for good your logic, I would agree on the 2nd option.

That was the reason of my first comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the machines you tested were running on Mojave? As CC19 is giving me NO problems with Sierra High.. or I'm just lucky?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes all Mojave.

We usually update all of them in steps. Around 5 will have the beta of OSX (major release or patch) for testing our software during the development.

Most of them will have the current version of OSX and some machine will still have some previous version of the OSX.

I only tested on the latest OSX 10.14.0 and 10.14.1.

The only doubt I have is that I haven't tested yet on a clean installation of Mojave.

All machines were updated from the previous version.

I'm going to do it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loading Wheel instead of brush/pencil tip while drawing. Not lagging, just replacing the normal tip. This known issue is not resolved with re-installation of Creative Cloud, Photoshop or Mojave. Adobe's solve of System Preferences>Accessibility being checked for Photoshop does not work. Using most recent version of Adobe CC/PS 19. 

Mac has run multiple tests of my system to ensure no issue with the hardware or OS. Seems to be a problem many users are facing, and only temporarily resolved with so-called "fix"

Has anyone found a permanent solution? Will there be an update to address this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the rulers worked for me thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiding the Rules worked for me, with the busy cursor when using the erase tool....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem; Mojave 10.14.1, Adobe Photoshop CC 2019, and my healing brush tools and clone stamp tool lags when I use it.  I had no prior issues with CC 2018.

Adobe Photoshop: 20.0.0 20180920.r.24 2018/09/20: 1193433  x64

RackMultipart20181113172231r67-ee989c9e-3c06-4c2c-9548-503ddc44c1a9-1591191531.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop CC 20.0.1

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. 

See what’s fixed

To update Photoshop CC to 20.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

The latest update to Photoshop contains a fix for this issue. Please update to Photoshop 20.0.1 and let us know if the lag is resolved for you. 

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I'm running PS 2019 and just installed Mojave. Getting the dreaded spinning cursor while painting/cloning all of the sudden. Did all the tricks suggested (allowing PS access in Security and Privacy –> accessibility –> privacy) That worked for a minute and then it was back. I am currently painting with rulers hidden, which seems to be working for now, but I frequently use rulers.  This seems like a fixable bug, so I wanted to let you all know about it! Best, Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Early days, but the update (PS20.0.1) seems to have worked for me. No spinning cursor when painting with rulers showing. Thanks!
(Using Mojave 10.14.1.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did the update.  Running the latest version of Mojave and the new PS 2019 with todays update to fix the bug of the spinning cursor.  Guess what?......it doesn't work!!!!!  It starts off fine for about a minute and as you keep painting the cursor kicks in and then becomes just like the way it was before.  Unusable.     This really is upsetting.   I don't know what went wrong, but this is such a fundamental tool and I can't believe Adobe didn't notice this while working on PS.    I'm sure they had copy of Mojave way back in the summer at the very least while developing this new version of PS. For now I'll just keep using PS 2018.     Bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give it time!   It still doesn't work after all the updates.  At least for me.   It took about a minute before the wheel came back

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, it still has the same issues after all the updates. I have the latest Wacom driver, Mojave and this mornings PS update and I still get the spinning cursor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil, continues to happen, even with the 20.0.1 of Photoshop, it takes longer but ends up happening the same. The delay in painting, erasing, clone (all tools drawing) has been reduced, but the "think" still appears

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil... There is some interim solution to minimize the impact. It is frankly very annoying when I am retouching photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, with PS CC 2018 (Mojave) I have delays in the stroke with all the drawing tools, does not it happen to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pere, I got 2018 running on Mojave decently.  The brushes work fine.  But first you have to go into System Preferences, then security&privacy, select privacy and you'll have to add 2018 to the list and check the box.    Restart and then all should be good.  Allowing PS access to your computer should fix it.  Unfortunately 2019 does not work even when doing this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running latest version of Mojave (10.14.1) and latest Photoshop update. Cursor still lags with brush tools – WHEN THE RULERS ARE VISIBLE  <– this is key. When you hide the rulers the spinning stops (for me). I could not begin to think why this would be. But I like having rulers visible so please please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure you guys know the workaround that worked for me and some others in 2019: hide your rulers. We shouldn't have to do this but it currently is keeping me from going insane from spinning cursor brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris... I already have those changes with 2018 (in privacy), but it has a slow behavior with the brushes ... I'm a photographer and I need fast performance, we go like CC2018 and High Sierra ... By the way, do you use the Wacom graphics tablet? I say this because I am also in contact with them and by discarding possible problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian... I do not have the visible rules and the same thing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oof, I'm sorry that workaround isn't working for you! I assume you've tried the permissions trick of allowing Photoshop 2019 permission to run your machine in the Security settings? Doing that, and hiding the rulers worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not doing everything, that does not work ...

Votes

Translate

Translate