• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I still have the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the Photoshop and still have the issue. Dows this tutorial really needed? They can disable this completely. I really don't want to see it everytime I opened the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

25.2 still the same problem 😞 annoying 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirm, same annoying bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2023 Dec 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, and yet my problem went away after updating to 25.1. There's so many of you still suffering from this pesky issue. I'd like to know why mine stopped while all of yours persists. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny that you mention that. I started having this issue after updating 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's just nuts! I know they're working on this. Several people here, including me, have been asked by Adobe tech staff to submit their log files to help them figure this out. It was September 20 when I posted this problem. That's  almost 2 1/2 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with 25.2 on Windows 10.

I thought that upgrading to the latest version would solve it, but no.

Also, my wife's name is Anna, so it gets even worse!!!

Lets hope someone finds a solution soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nice. You are now married in stereo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same problem. I have the updates up to date and use Windows 10, and I feel sorry for Anna, but I can't stand her... day after day and the wooden house, etc.

I hope they fix it soon; we've been like this for a good amount of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing the exact same issue with Photoshop version 25.2 on Windows 10. It's been months since Adobe introduced this feature, and it's baffling that this problem still persists. I've found that compared to Adobe, the Stable Diffusion WebUI offers more reliability and customization options. This ongoing issue with Photoshop is incredibly frustrating and is significantly impacting my workflow. Is there any update on when this might be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem, since version 25.1.

I got help from Adobe support, and they could not find a fix for it, so they downgraded to version 25.0 to circumvent it.

Now I have upgraded to version 25.2 when it was released (as per the instructions from Adobe support), and the problem is back.

It seems I'm going back to version 25.0 again until they can fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm that going back to 25.0 also solves the issue for me.

I feel like they could replicate the issue easily enough, or compare 25.0 to 25.1 and see what they changed..

Worst case scenario just remove the video altogether, I'm sure people can just google how to use generative fill if they want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyone who is facing this issue with PS 25.0 version ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are working to resolve it in an upcoming update coming likely in January. Stay tuned for that, we'll report back to this thread when it has been resolved. 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pete!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing @mrcoffeetablebook , again - apologies for the trouble with this one, thank you for reporting it!

Hopefully workarounds help in the meantime and the fix comes soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pete, sorry my birth name has "non-standard characters" (in this case, an 'é', which is hardly exotic in French... I'm assuming what you really mean are characters outside the ASCII range), it is what it is and I'm certainly not going to change my Windows user to fix a Photoshop bug (it would have several cascading repercussions and would cause more issues than it would fix). Rolling back to 25.0 seems like a much simpler option by comparison. In this UTF-8 era, this seems like an odd bug to still have, but I'm glad you were able to identify it and can come up with a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete
Hopefully, you will manage soon to fix the 'foreign language' issue.
I too have a  'non-US' letter in my name and user profile. It may be a wildly exotic letter in English, but as is the case with many European languages, they are wild exotic to non-native speakers ;-). 
It would be a major task (which I could perform on my own) to create a new user and making sure that all other software. plugins, connections etc. are recreated with a new user identity.

I am sure that many of us are working professionals who rely on (and pay for) PS to perform our work. I know that some issues are not easily solved, but passing the buck back to users who may not be IT wizards is perhaps not the best solution.

So this leaves me with no alternative but to roll back.

Best regards
Michael  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
That explains why my local acc on my Laptop is ok.

But then, how on earth can an accountname decide if a video in an APP should be started or not??I t is beyond my imagination. Could you please explain  why there is such a connection. 

Or is some designer at Adobe looking at the acc.name and thinks: Aha a strange name, maybe it is an european, better start the AI-video? (This is ment as a Joke).

Sorry for my bad english but I am an old  swedish man with strange characters

Ha en bra dag (Have a nice day)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@swingpjatten If I were to guess, it probably has something to do with the program trying to read/write to the User folder, and messing up the folder name due to character encoding. This would lead to Photoshop not being able to write in the proper folder, or inversely: not being able to read in the correct folder when consigning or checking whether the tutorial has already autoplayed once.

I can at least back this theory by confirming that I have a corruptly named User folder containing only:

C:\Utilisateurs\LucRenédeCot_6nrwsd5\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\...

Whereas the rest of the stuff normally goes in

C:\Utilisateurs\LucRenédeCot_6nrwsd5\...

(For reference, my full name is Luc René de Cotret, having both an accent and spaces in the last name, fun times when online forms don't expect one or the other).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a corrupted folder to. I noticed it some time ago an thougth that is was the OS who had created it of some reason and it did not give me any problem so I ignored it. I hate this kind of problem. The solution seems to be very simple, just stop the Video!! But then why does not all the Users exp, the same Issues? The problem proved to bee much more complex than that.

I am curios so I created an acc. vith some strange characters. The Os had no pronblems and no strange folder was created.
I then opened and closed PS and Voila the "strange" folder was created.

Thank you Adobe. I know you have been working hard with this problem with a lot pressure form us users who thought this was an easy problem to solve. I know from experience how difficult it can be to find the solution to this kind of problem. I hope that we will see a solution soon.

regards Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pete,

It would be fantastic to have a feature in the settings to permanently disable these pop-ups. Users like me, who are proficient in Photoshop, don't require tutorial tips, especially those who have already experimented with new features in the Beta version.

P.S. The frustrating bug with the commentator has led to my disliking her now. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate