Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lagging scrolling (hand Tool) with Navigator panel showing v24, v23 and v22

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

when using old Photoshop v20 and v19 (Windows 10), everything is smooth and fast. I can grab the canvas with my hand tool and scroll it very fluently.

But with Photoshop v22, v23 and v24, scrolling with hand tool becomes very lagging. Especially when Navigator window is open. It worked with v20, but not with v22. (I could not test v21).

Does somebody else experienced that lagging scrolling with v22, v23 and v24?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

It’s not unusable at least with my hardware, but I can see a definite slowdown in frame rate (more choppy) I suspect on some hardware it might worse - but I don’t have a system where it’s abysmal.

I've asked engineering to take a look.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2024 Aug 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use the newest Photoshop on my Surface Pro 8 from 2022....and it is really slow. Especially when showing the Navigator panel. Gosh, i cant use it for Digital Painting.

Photoshop 2019 on the other hand works relatively smooth.

By @Peepijeep

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate