• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify Tool Crashes with Assertion Failed! error on all Windows systems

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Liquify Tool is used between 475-500 times within the same Photoshop CC 2020 session it gives an Assertion Failed! error and crashes Photoshop.  This is very repeatable and happens on every Windows system in my testing.  I originally reported this back in version 21.2.2.  It is still happening in version 21.2.4.  I never received any reply to the prior post so not sure if anyone from Adobe saw it.

It is easy to recreate this.  Just running a 1 step action with Liquify in a batch process will always crash Photoshop with this error from 475-500 images. This only happens in CC 2020 but not CC 2019.

Image is not available

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

We are working on the fix.

@Damon D Bell since you are on PreRelease you may get a chance to put it thru it's paces as well before it goes public. Watch for an email as I will update the ticket you filed when it is ready to test

Votes

Translate

Translate
51 Comments
Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for looking into this. Let me know if there is anything at all you need from me to help troubelshoot this. This is by far the most important issue for my company right now so I can do anything you need to help test this.

Back in 2020 I made a video showing how to reproduce it with a linik in the post. However, I since remved the video on youtube. If you need me to make another video then let me know. However, I think it should be easy to reproduce in house anyway so it probably isn't needed.

Also, please keep us posted with an update when you know more. There are a bunch of my plugin users who are affected by this.  This is a pretty significant issue for them because most of my users routinely do high volume image batching and this affects 3 of my plugis for all batch operations and a 4th plugin in some circumstances. So this isssue has a very large impact to the users.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damon,

I did a mistake on my previous post here. Everything was working fine prior the installation of version 23.1.0. I know you do all that you can to solve this issue. Now we use our laptop who haven't been updated now at 23.1.0 and we have no issue we can process large batch, we just loose a lot of time due to a slower processing on the laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, would like to see this fixed as we use this batch function as well and are currently affected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is affecting us as well. It definitely creates an issue in our daily business workflow when PS crashes due to this bug with every batch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I thought this was fixed! Adobe, pleeeeeeeasre patch this. This a huge impact on my volume photographer business!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here and really affecting my workflows.  Happening with 23.1.0, C'mon Adobe ... if you're going to rollout in this subscription manner, you need to do better bug testing for a flagship software like this ...  Please let us know when you're looking at this issue.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue. Having to make multiple folders to batch is a complete nuisance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently affected by this bug as well. Would love to see this fixed ASAP so that we can get back to running our larger batches. Very frustrating to have it working and then stop working with new releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it crash out completely? Do you see the Crash Reporter dialog? It would be extremely helpful to crash stacks from everyone who replied after Jan 13th. I went through everyone who replied and I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from anyone on this thread in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Photoshop freezes and does not allow a crash report to be submitted. Here is a video I kust made.  I will send you a message with more info as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XBSZ8r8THo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Tranberry,

I jsut sent you a private message with more details and my personal contact information. if there is anythig at all that I can do to help test this then please let me knwo. Feel free to give my contact info to anyone at Adobe who is working on this issue to.  Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is affecting my sports photography automation business. Please fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is affecting me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are being severely impacted by this major bug as well.  Our batch automation processes need to run against many more than 475 images, so this is negatively effecting our business.  This is a critical bug that needs to be handled as a severity 1 issue and fixed immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PlainfieldJim 
For now, you can roll back to 23.0.2 and the issue will not occur.  I realize that this is a band-aid temp work around. Howevr, 23.0.2 should work fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding the same bug also in 23.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel Presedo 
Were you able to reproduce this in house?  There have been a lot of users of my automation plugins reporting this to me. So I know it is pretty widespread. My automation plugins use the liquify tool during the batch processing. The issue itself isn't related to the plugins. I can recreate it without the plugins. However, the plugins are affected by it because they are using the liquify tool.

Any update would be appreciated.  I am having to answer about this right now to a lot of plugin users who are reporting it. I just want to know what to tell them.

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working on the fix.

@Damon D Bell since you are on PreRelease you may get a chance to put it thru it's paces as well before it goes public. Watch for an email as I will update the ticket you filed when it is ready to test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel Presedo 
Thank you very much for the update.  I will test it when it is ready.  Also, will the fix be in the public beta release too?  If so, then I can have some of my plugin users test it as well when it is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have verified the fix and we are working on getting it thru the pipeline and testing other configurations.

Hoping to get this out soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel Presedo 
Awesome, thank you 🙂 I am heading out of town on Sunday and won't be back until 2/2. I will only have a Macbook M1 with me. So I can't test on my own Windows machine until I get back on 2/2 (unless it is in a pre-release tomorrow).

However, I will be with a bunch of Photographers at a trade show who are running Windows Photoshop. If it is in the regular beta release then I'm sure I can some of them to install the beta release and test. I'm not sure if bugs fixes are the same for the regular beta vs the pre-release beta.  If not, then I will test first thing when I get back in town on 2/2 unless it is releases in tomorrows pre-release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Daniel Presedo 
I just downloaded and tested the latets beta pre-release version and this appears to be fixed.  So thank you for that 🙂

Do you have an approximation for when the fix will be in the public release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated to version 23.3.2 but still the Liquify tool crashes. It allows me to use the tool but it crashes every time I click OK to accept the changes I have made. And theb I have no other option than do ctrl + alt + delete and quit shut down PS. It really frustrates me not to be able to use the tool.

Best regards,

Tuisku

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liquify tool is currently broken. It hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate