• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (macOS Sonoma) Photoshop 2023/2024 Save for Web shows incomplete preview

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just updated to Photoshop 2024 and my save to web panel is now not displaying correctly - see screengrab.  How can I adjust it to have the full image fill the four windows?  cheers, Bob

janee_0-1696022977935.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Hi All,
macOS Sonoma 14.1 updater has been released. If you update, the problem with Save for Web (Legacy) will be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Adding bug info and setting status.
Please upvote the thread from the top if you also encounter this issue. Thanks!

Status Unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.1, which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 219 Replies 219
219 Comments
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem in Adobe Photoshop 2022, Adobe Illustrator 2022 is doing fine. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, updating to the latest 2024 version. Nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@asif_tanzeem I would stop uninstall/reinstall unless its the OS back to Ventura. No version prior to a future update from either apple or adobe will address this. Going back in Adobe versions wont fix Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's just hope that Apple brings a quick patch to fix that. This is seriously something related to their graphic processing systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is caused by macOS Sonoma 14.0, so your best option is to wait for a macOS update.
If you don't want to wait for an update, you have the option of updating to the Sonoma 14.1 Public Beta, but you should also consider the risks associated with the Beta.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well in reality this is an Adobe issue which again is just hard to comprehend at this point. To use anything created in PS it then needs to be exported and often that involves closely assessing quality vs compression. Not everything can be a PNG. If you cannot see the image... I love all the new AI stuff but to ignore this as the highest priority is again baffling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@curt.gallery In reality its easy to comprehend.

Does the issue happen with on Mac OS Ventura (the posted OS for the current Photoshop release)? No.

Did upgrading to Sonoma cause the issue? Yes.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

The Adobe team for their part has acknowledged that its an issue and hopefully will be able to address. But as others have pointed out it may also be reliant on Apple releasing an OS update that doesn't mess up the gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for everyone - is anyone using "RightFont" https://rightfontapp.com/ for font management in their Sonoma environment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo un detalle al momento de exportar para web que no me deja previsualizar ningún proyecto, lo exporta bien pero no me premite verlo antes de guardar, ¿alguien pudiera ayudarme? 

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-04 a la(s) 2.14.28 p.m..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe enough "dittos" will get some attention. Same as others, upgrading to Sonoma 14 just before this preview problem started. Preview in Save for web Pshop window.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the bug also.
I used Macbook Pro M2 with Sonoma

Screenshot 2023-10-05 at 1.36.11 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some of us, installing the latest iOS is a requirement from our company for security reasons, so we don't have a say. The majority of the bugs should have been figured out during the beta releases, not after the release reaches the end-user.

I am forced to upgrade to Sonoma, but at the same time I cannot do my job because the testing of the apps hasn't been performed as expected. So, yes, it is dramatic; saying otherwise it just disrespectful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That opinion is based on the premise that it is something that can be fixed by Adobe.
But can't you think like this? .
Adobe noticed a problem with macOS during the beta test and reported it to Apple, but it may not have been fixed in time, so it was released as is.

I don't know which one is actually correct, but I think we'll just have to wait for it to be fixed.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TatiPatti That's not a very smart company policy. Everybody who has been around for a while knows a new operating system will have bugs. That's bad for security! Let the dust settle, give it at least a couple of months.

If you jump on a new OS immediately, you're basically asking for trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TatiPatti 

I've never seen an OS (Mac or Windows) be released without bugs!

As for security, show this to your IT, as it's new-ish and they may not be aware. Rapid Security Responses are a new type of software release for iPhone, iPad, and Mac that does security updates when needed.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102657

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the web for this issue and found nothing, does anyone else have/had this issue before? It only aprears in the Save for Web window.

From the screenshot: The preview apears to be partialy loading, that's why I can only see the top right corner, the rest of the preview is a shade of gray. Note that the exported file is ok, only the preview is broken.

As a troubleshooting step I've reset all preferences for Photoshop and the problem still persists.

Using Photoshop 2024 v25 (v24.7.1 same issue) on MacBook M1 Pro 2021 MacOS Sonoma 14.0 (23A344)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the app did not work, new screenshot with the bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gileanu – It's a widely reported issue with Sonoma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, I've found some threads on the community here thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing devil's advocate... Why don't you use Export As?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web (Legacy) is easier to use for some frequent workflows. For example, a custom resize export is trivial: type the keyboard shortcut for Save for Web, press Shift-Tab, enter the output pixel size, and press Enter. Whereas in Export As, keyboard navigation for this workflow is too laborious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse @silk-m Let me explain in terms that you understand, because you are missing the point. As an end-user I'm using a product and I'm expecting from that product to work as expected because my livelihood depends on it (for better or worse). As an end-user I don't (and shouldn't) care if the bug is introduced by Apple or not; it is presented in an Adobe app and it's part of my user experience. If the bug was in MacOS, I would make my complaints to Apple. As an end-user I have the liberty to upgrade my machine as I see fit.

At the end of the day, as an end-user I pay a hefty monthly fee to Adobe (not Apple) for a product I cannot use. Stating that it's not a good policy or that I'm asking for trouble it's an unacceptable (to say the least).

For the record, I've been using Photoshop since 1995; I'm working in a med tech company that creates software as parf of medical device and I'm well aware that there's no software without bugs. However, with all the major MacOS upgrades, from all the apps I'm using, only the Adobe apps have major bugs that prevent me from using them in the first place.

Let's agree that we disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e We are aware of the Rapid Security Responses. Thank you for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting a similar bug in Portraiture 4Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 3.36.06 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-06 at 3.37.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Duke Media Portaiture 4 is not an Adobe product - if you are having issues with that plugin please reach out to the developer directly. As for the Save for Web, obviously that has been noted by Adobe already in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate