• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Neural Filter Smart Portrait Disabling after first use

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I use the Smart Portrait neural filter I have to restart my photoshop each time I want to use it on a different photo. It'll work on the first one and that's it. I've tried, using the "Disable GPU for Neural Filters" setting, deleting the plugin data, and running it as administrator, nothing seems to work apart from using a much older version that gives "worse" results. It's quite annoying only being able to do it once at a time.

Version of the app : 23.2.2

Platform and OS version : Windows - Windows 11

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Engineering is working on this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very very frustrating.  Infuriating.

Hasn't worked for perhaps 6 months on my computer.  So reading this thread, updated to V23.2 - still didn't work.  Ran as Administrator - worked for one use, then wouldn't work any more.  (Which is same behaviour as previous V23.0.2).  So to use Neural Filter it seems I have to save files, close PS, re-open PS as Administrator, re-open files, use the filter once, save files, close PS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is working on this issue.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, now I can't get Smart Portrait to work even the first time, either run normally or as admin.  Ver 23.2.2, not sure if this is a change resulting from updating to that version.  Superzoom works more than once OK, even after you try Smart Portrait and the latter fails.  But I couldn't download other filters after Smart Portrait failed; have to restart PS and then can download a new filter.

1.  Start PS > open file > Neural filters > smart portrait  click 'on'' > (all looks ok) > click 'happiness' slider >  "we've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error"

2. Try to download superzoom > "This filter is not available"

3. Close PS and restart and reload image > Neural filters > download superzoom works ok.

4. Try to use superzoom > a great deal of processing > enlarged image looks fair > Click "OK" on Neural Filter > Back to normal Photoshop but screen update/redrawing appears broken, can't see my full image, blank area on RHS where neural filter controls were, some text half hidden on LHS, zooming out produces smaller images overwriting original image each time, with original sizes still showing around the edges.  Perhaps the test image was too large - 1242 x 2208 px zoomed 3X

5. Save and restart PS > reopen image > can see and use the 1242 x 2208 px zoomed 3X superzoomed image.

6.  Retry Superzoom with small image 252 x 430 px  > seems to work ok but results are moot.

7. Retry smart portrait > "we've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error"

8. Retry Superzoom > still works.

9. Try to download Style Transfer > "This filter is not available"

10. Restart PS, try to download Style Transfer > downloads ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to other posts everytime I try to use the Smart Portrait neural filter I get a completely worthless and non-descript "We've temporarily disabled this filter because of an error", I guess leaving out any details as Adobe's dev team thinks all it's users are morons.

In reading other posts I've attempted to troubleshoot it by removing the manifest json from my roaming cache but that works for all but 1 single use of the filter before it repeats the same worthless error.

Running Win 10, 3070ti, 32GB mem, PS 23.3.0 20220405.r.394. On latest GPU drivers and the April Windows rollup KB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be permissions related: Try creating a new Admin user account and run Photoshop from the new user account to see if the problem goes away: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current user is a local admin, and issue still occurs even when running the Photoshop executable elevated. Tried with another local admin and the behaviour is identical, works just once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do we know when this issue will be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate