• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2.2 Share Button is distracting

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 2022 (version 23.2), photoshop implemented a Blue Share button in the

top right corner of the app workspace that is supposed to turn into a button of the sme color as

the other tool options bar icons.

With the latest 23.2.2 update the Blue Share button does not go away after first use as described

on this page under Easily find the Share button

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

I reset the photoshop preferences as i do after every photoshop update by trashing the preferences folder.

Share button that the Blue Share button is supposed to appear as after first use

sh1.png

In the 23.2.2 update the button still stays as a Blue Share button after first use

sh2.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Updating status.

Please use Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

To learn more, see Use Preferences to set a neutral color scheme for Photoshop

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Finally an option to change the blue button to not blue 😁

2022-08-18 11_34_22-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 206 Replies 206
206 Comments
Guide ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, Photoshop allows us to change the color of most interface elements. The UIColors.txt file, located in the Required program directory, is responsible for the design.

Above I gave a link to a script with which you can quickly change the color of a button, I also uploaded the UIColors.txt file for those who do not want to deal with the script, but want to quickly solve this problem.

Share button fix 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Din't you want to link us to other thread (than the same we are in now)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page not found (404): UIColors.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, new update for PS - this nuisance is still there... *sigh*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just contacted the Adobe help and was then forwarded here for giving feedback to Adobe ... Perhaps this is the right place, although my "problem" is not a big one but rather irritating: I'm wondering why I cannot get rid of the stupid blue intruding button in the sleek dark gray Photoshop working space, especially as I'm not sharing anything with anyone!

[moved from Photoshop "Discussions" to Photoshop "Bugs" by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of "the stupid blue intruding button" please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! That's the new "share" button, and it stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. You simply can't not look at it.

I assume once the novelty wears off the signal blue color will be removed. Personally I can't wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Derek Cross  I can :

2022-03-18_23-19-53.jpg

Not only is it blue but the edges are horribly pixelated compared to other tools and UI elements. A most amatuer and distracting button, that deserves a place in a 1980s game not in a modern image editing application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Photoshop version 23.3 beta and I'm afraid the blue button is still there and it won't go away in that version either, unless Adobe change that before release

2022-03-19 10_37_36-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fans of Minecraft would disagree, so pray the designer of the button is not one of them 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! Got it, the little...I have a couple of icon auto-collapse panels, and I just slide them over that pesky button. There, be gone 😄

share2.png

Oh, wait...

share3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasted several hours with chat "support" until finally found this thread.

Nice to know that I'm not crazy. KILL THE BRIGHT BLUE BUTTON!

jazz-y's UIColor.txt to the rescue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such a perfect and shining example of how detached the current Adobe teams are from the people who use the apps all the day, every day. They're now designing the UI for those folks who may open the app once a week or month, instead of respecting those of us who spend our lives staring at the screen and depend on it for putting food on the table. So frustrating.
Meanwhile, one of the most useful additions to the UI (Discover) is sitting right next to the glaring SHARE button and I imagine most of the users who need it have yet to discover it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453

Is it Adobe's intention to not let users disable this silly unwanted Share button, in Photoshop beta 23.3 there's no option to disable it like we can in version 23.2.1.

What engineer actually thought this is a good idea and how did it pass QA, do Adobe engineers actually use Adobe products?

At least give us the option to hide/remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor I started a discussion with the folks on that feature. I'll let you know what I find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 

I do hope Adobe undo or at least let us disable this annoying feature, Photoshop always had along with all Adobe applications a neutral interface, we don't need pixelated blue buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this needs to be reverted and remedied IMMEDIATELY. its unacceptable to have an INTRUSIVE ANNOYING EYESORE like this FORCED UPON paying users. one of the hallmarks of adobe software has always been the ability of the user to COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZE the tools and interface to the manner that allows them to best PERFORM THEIR JOB.

having a BRIGHT BLUE SHARE BUTTON for a feature i DONT WANT and will NEVER USE is one of the most shameful displays of OVERREACH and DISRESPECT for the customer that i have ever seen from adobe.

FIX THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without much work, the user can fix this themselves. The link for the text file from Github in this topic is where this secondary method came from, but you don't need to download anything, and can make the button color any RGB value you want. These instructions are from a Mac. Sorry, I can't tell you the correct path to the file in Windows.

Close Photoshop!

1. Open this folder:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Adobe Photoshop 2022.app/Contents/Required/

To get there, you'll have to right click on the Photoshop app and choose Show Package Contents.

2. Double click the file UIColors.txt in the Required folder to open it in TextEdit. Then do a search for Share. That will jump you right to the section you want to change.

Screen Shot 2.png

Here, I changed the RGB values to 100 for each so it would be a darkish gray. When you initially try to change anything, you'll first see this message:

Screen Shot 1.png

Click Duplicate and TextEdit will open a duplicate document with copy appended to it. Make your changes to the RGB values and save your altered file to the desktop.

3. Go back to the desktop and delete the original UIColors.txt file (there's really no reason to save it). Rename your altered text file to remove "copy" so it's back to UIColors.txt and drop it into the folder where the original was.

Now when I open Photoshop, I get this nicely muted Share button.

Screen Shot.png

You might want to save your alterted copy of UIColors.txt as an update to PS may overwrite your file. Then you can replace it without having to do all of the steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem with this trick is you can't change 'share' name to black font, can you? I mean there are 4 default Color Themes, 2 light and 2 dark. When setting the dark you end up correctly with white letters, but when switching to light it remains white, while it should turn into black, so like other interference names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That I don't know. The white text doesn't bother me, so I didn't try to find what part of the text file holds that data. Just getting rid of the blue was enough for me. Though I do agree getting the white text also muted back would be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use black theme as well so no problem for me, but those with white can be little unhappy: Mar 16, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As white, it uses (oddly enough) global white 🙂 I did not find a single interface element that it would affect, except for this button, so it can be changed, for example like this:

2022-03-20_20-27-08.png

2022-03-20_20-31-07.png

However, I did not change it, since the effects of such a replacement may appear in some unexpected place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! Got it. Believe it or not, that value is near the top of the text file under the White heading.

Screen Shot.png

I didn't play with that one before since I assumed it was a global entry. But it only changes the text on the Share button. So by changing all of the values from 255 to 0, you get this:

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kurt Lang , c-c-combo! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahaha! Yes, they do the same thing. Now I'm wondering, where did you find that panel? I don't see it anywhere. Much easier too, to do this from the palette than manually playing with the text file.

Votes

Translate

Translate