• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2.2 Share Button is distracting

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 2022 (version 23.2), photoshop implemented a Blue Share button in the

top right corner of the app workspace that is supposed to turn into a button of the sme color as

the other tool options bar icons.

With the latest 23.2.2 update the Blue Share button does not go away after first use as described

on this page under Easily find the Share button

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

I reset the photoshop preferences as i do after every photoshop update by trashing the preferences folder.

Share button that the Blue Share button is supposed to appear as after first use

sh1.png

In the 23.2.2 update the button still stays as a Blue Share button after first use

sh2.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Updating status.

Please use Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

To learn more, see Use Preferences to set a neutral color scheme for Photoshop

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Finally an option to change the blue button to not blue 😁

2022-08-18 11_34_22-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
205 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much better now. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't like the share button, seems like the white boarder looks pixelated and unprofessional, so I went back to the modified UIColors.txt and now I don't even have to look at it 😁

2022-08-18 18_58_34-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Seriously Adobe, is this really acceptable for a professional application?

2022-08-18 19_34_52-.png

Why can't Adobe do the same as the Illustrator share button, it looks nice and not in your face

2022-08-18 19_11_21-Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating status.

Please use Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

To learn more, see Use Preferences to set a neutral color scheme for Photoshop

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neutral Color is great... but it still blinks!!!!!!

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 23.4.2, and there is no "Neutral Color Mode" visible in my Preferences dialog.
Has this option been removed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade to 23.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Share Button sits over top of Tool Preferences for the Direct Selection tool, preventing me from modifying function.
Terrible UIX design – I can't move it to actually see the tool prefs. Adobe designers didn't see this?
I will NEVER use the Share function.
• How do I get rid of it?
• If people need it, why isn't it baked into the interface? Why does it float?
• How do I get rid of it? (redundant, but I really want to delete it, not change it's color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig,

Can you share a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ShareButton_.jpg
There is an option in the Direct Select tool that controls Paths behavior. I prefer the legacy behavior. I had to hope that the check box visible just to the left of the Share button was the option select.
I was in luck.
But Adobe, please make this "Share Button" a UIX option to make visible or hide.
I will never use it.
Adobe keeps making changes to PS that folks don't ask for, but won't make changes that lots of people do ask for. Like the bloated Save dialog box. Let me select which formats I use most frequently, and hide the rest. When was the last time anyone used EPS DCS? IFF? Portable BitMap? Dicom? ScitexCT? I often accidently select TARGA when I'm aiming for TIFF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craig cheatham  wrote

...please make this "Share Button" a UIX option to make visible or hide.

Modify UIColors.txt to change the fill and stroke to match your interface. Scroll through the thread to find out how.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you followed my issue. I don't want to chang the button colors – I want it to go away.

Thete is a function of the Direct Select tool that changes Path behavior. The Share button obscures that part of the interface. It sits on top of the option. Terrible design.

I don't want the Share button in ANY color. I will NEVER use it.

Make it optional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craig cheatham 

Your screenshot shows the Paths panel, but no paths. So we can better see your issue, can you 

• create and name a path
  • select one anchor point with the Direct Selection tool
  • include the Paths panel, options bar, and the path in your screenshot.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how that would change anything, but the I covered up the paths panel with a fill in the screenshot. This is a company workstation and the work is proprietary. I wanted to obliterate the path names.

Why would that affect the issue of the Share button? 
The issue is that the Share button is sitting on top of the options for the Direct Select Tool. It would do that whether or not there are paths in the .PSB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That definitely looks like an issue that needs to be addressed.

What operating system and screen resolution are you running?

In the meantime you could go to Edit>Preferences>Workspace and check Enable Narrow Options Bar, then restart photoshop.

Make sure you have the tool tips turned on so can identify what the symbols in the tool options bar represent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running an iMac Pro
Monterey 12.5
Eizo 27in CG279x  @  2560x1440
PS 23.4.2
I'm attaching a screenshot of the UI for the Direct Select tool showing the difference btwn PS 23.4.2 with Share button and PS 22.5.9.  –  Not an exact match, but shows the how the Share Button sits on top of the Direct Select Options in the UI.ShareButton_compared.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an Adobe fan for many years, but these "updates" to features without any regard to freedom of choice for the end user is going to drive me away. I don't pay the most per month for design software to be forced to see what is a bright ad all day. Even if you use the Neutral interface option, the button is annoying and non-configurable.

It's sad when things make me want to go back to the day of boxed software without constant updates. Please focus on the customer experience we want, not the one Adobe wants.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default2truevt6logh wrote:

"It's sad when things make me want to go back to the day of boxed software without constant updates."

You can turn off automatic updates using the Creative Cloud app and then update only when you are ready to.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e 
"You can turn off automatic updates using the Creative Cloud app and then update only when you are ready to."

Really? Wow, that's a astonishing reply. I'm sure people will love Adobe more now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I agree with paying for a subscription that is not bringing value, but in instead frustration of being marketed at within software I pay for. Imagine popups in your car asking if you want to use Sat. Radio every time you opened the door... no thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue still exists in Photoshop 23.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be fixed. Did you make sure to check the Neutral Color Mode box in Photoshop's preferences? You must also shut down PS and relaunch it after checking the box in order for the change to take effect.

Screen Shot 2.png

It should look like this with no images open:

Screen Shot.png

And like this with any images open:

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pete.Green Half solved. Now it blinks! Even more distracting.!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm currently using Photoshop 24.0.0, with "Neutral Color Mode" enabled. My interface color is dark gray (the next step up from the very darkest setting). The "Share" button now has a white 3px border around it, with no fill color. This is incredibly annoying because:

1.  There are no buttons with that style in the entire UI (it's even thicker than the rounded buttons in dialog windows), so it stands out like a sore thumb. It's the only UI element of its kind, so it implies that if Adobe ever adds any more collaboration/sharing/cloud functionality, it will be in this style, which is horrible.
  2.  It doesn't match the style of any UI element in the toolbar area. Since this button displays a pop-up custom menu, I guess I can see why, but making it an icon in the style of the search icon right next to it would be far less visually intrusive! Or make it an icon with a drop-down indicator (like the workspace icon to the right of the search icon), and show that custom share menu with icons.
  3.  I prefer to use Photoshop in the classic standalone "no Internet services" mode, with everything visible in the UI only being something that directly affects the image in front of me. I don't want to see UI related to font/brush/clip art/stock photo serivces, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Creative Cloud, updates, my Adobe account status, or sharing of any kind. How about putting all this functionality into a palette that's in the default workspace so people can configure it how they want, like any other palette?

Votes

Translate

Translate