• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 is slow and heavy

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Photoshop version is very slow.

(It was fast and accurate until version PS 21.0.3, and the problem began after that)

1. Hand tool(=press space bar) and move area is slow (ofcousre disable panning)

2. liquify zoom(There is a delay once when zooming in more than 50%. Unconditionally, Version 21.0.3 is smooth no lag)

3. layer toggle visable slow (Ctrl + ,) its React one beat slower. (This part until version PS2015.5. 2015.5 is really fast and smooth everything. Check this.....)

I don't know why if I have to pay my monthly subscription and work harder.

Some say. Don't update it unconditionally, report people's reactions.

Yes. i do, and i did.
Always leave the previous version and update to the latest version. But I always use the previous version. It is now 2022. Until when should my working environment stay in 2015.5 Photoshop or 2020 Photoshop?

I've done dozens of reinstallations, and I've done dozens of computer formats. Regardless of the type of computer, this was a problem with the Photoshop version. It wasn't even a plug-in problem.(disable native canavs thing is already try... 😃 )

It's not abut my pc. 
I tested it on everyone's computer I know and I got the same conclusion.
(Ryzen5600x, 5900x, intel 12900k, imac, m1 mini ... etc all the same)

CHECK this , and fix Please. How many more years should I wait...?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
131 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't zoom in and out. The 2022version is broken, so there is a delay the moment you use the zoom function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my personal experience, PS cc2014 was the best for me.

hidpi, select subject..thing.. It would be great if we could use the newly added functions as fast as the 2014 version of Photoshop.

It's not enough to say that Photoshop is slow today. It's broken. Can't use for work. Just possbile for few test only..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about this fix? It's been TWO MONTHS since reported and I'm still having the same issue:

Photoshop super slow / laggy causing many accidents and becoming unusable on big files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juancasini I agree with your experience. So I tell my team to save it often. Don't think about it. Just press Control+S once a minute....

Delays and heavy workflow are such important issues, so why adobe aren't the plans announced yet?

@si24781306tbj5  2014 is also a good choice. As you say, using the old version is the smartest solution.

However, We have to think of two things.

1. Why should we use the old version? Then why do we pay for the current version?

2. People who belong to companies that are eligible for the Adobe License Agreement must be forced to use the new version. So if you're not an individual user, can't actually use the old version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow and unstable. I pray every day....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as a joke, we said that the new version is heavier, but now it's a serious situation.

In fact, 2019 version is the Maginot Line, which had few speed problems such as delays. After that, more and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 23.4 and the issue persists... still laggy and unusable

I repeat: this problem IS NOT FIXED on the last version!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think maybe Adobe's standard of "available" speed and our standard of "good or fast" speed are different.

What is certain is that there is a difference in the speed and smoothness of the work environment from the old version.

PS CS3~CS6  // PS CC2014~2015 // PS CC2017 // PS CC2018~2019 // PS CC2020 // and.... etc

The big frame where you can feel the difference in speed is as above. As I marked it like that, there is a speed difference between versions. Of course, the oldest PS CS3 to CS6 are incredibly light and fast. What customers want is this. 

Just like before... I miss the days when I made dozens of layers, the image size was over 10000px, and the image was 16 bits deep, but it didn't really lag. (Even the CPU was before Ivy Bridge, and the RAM was 2 to 4 gigabytes.)

=(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Slow ... Fix this please

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both Photoshop CS6 and 2022 versions. The heavy and important work is done in CS6 version.

I want to do everything in the 2022 version, but it's too unstable and too slow.

It's a version that breaks freezing or work and is difficult to use..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unstable and slow.

Which shortcut do you press the most while photoshop?

Ctrl+C ? Ctrl+Shift+i ?

I press Save Ctrl+S the most. (Once every 10 seconds)

Because I'm working nervously every day as if I'm walking on thin ice that might break anytime, the habit of saving every 10 seconds like this is very helpful to me.

But it's like Photoshop isn't giving me any credibility.

I also do 3D rendering as my side job.

But even though rendering programs do much heavier work than Photoshop, they're faster than this and most importantly, they don't break files without saving them once.

Why doesn't Adobe improve this stability and slowness, which is the biggest problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Photoshop getting Really heavier and heavier?

Once upon a time, Windows computers had weak security, and computers would slow down when they were infected with viruses or melware. And if you run programs while your computer is broken like that, it's this slow.
It feels like the program is slow right now.
It's not smooth.

Personally, I'm staying in the 2018 version of Photoshop.

Every year, every month, we install the release and test it. But... the Photoshop that comes out after that time was practically unavailable. Stability, speed, everything...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is surprising that no one is responding to this important question.

This is the biggest inconvenience I feel while doing photoshop.

This is what all users who use Photoshop want and report, not just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really uncomfortable with the difference in the smoothness of the screen depending on the view mode during the chronic bug. And it actually gives a sense of course.

If you don't understand, turn on Photoshop right now and compare the full screen mode with the normal view mode by click f. If you press the space bar and move around the image, you can feel the delay right away.

Many different kinds of delays have occurred since the Photoshop 2018? version, but this delay is quite old.

In fact, I don't even know why this isn't happening. Will it be fixed in five years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very Slow. PC/MAC is same slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need to create a new request ticket, we are just being ignored here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do they not respond?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop so slow. Both Windows and Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem Same. Photoshop slow. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow and heavy for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this under investigation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I was so excited to get the new Mac Studio, it was one I had to think about, but I did it. It is painfully slow and crashed 3-4x a day. I did a complete clean install of everything and ONLY have applications on this system. I decided to use external harddrives for the bazillion of photos I work on to be faster. Not. When I say slow, I mean get up, refresh my tea, go to the bathroom, play with one of the dogs and come back to my office and still not saved. This is almost every file. I can't believe I did above and beyond to ensure a clean install and it is worse now. It would be a shame to have to crank up my older iMac, but it was MUCH faster!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I neglected to say it was Photoshop and InDesign that crash daily and that's what I work on far and away the most. I could tell I was rattled when I posted, I forgot to reread and just clicked POST like a crazy person!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does Adobe solve this? Or the model answer is as follows. Please feel the same speed and workflow environment as in Photoshop CS5 or CS6. (If that is impossible, at least as in 2018~2019 Photoshop)

Please do it vaguely fast, it's not slow right now. It's really slow.

Photoshop CS5 on an older laptop (10 years ago) has no lag at all, even if you use dozens of layers of images in 10000px. It's really fast and comfortable (even 4GB of RAM). But if you're working on the same image in Photoshop 2022, on today's high-performance desktops, it's the speed of discomfort that you can't actually work on.
In fact, it's impossible to work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will take a long time to be resolved. This is because Photoshop is an old slow down problem that occurred when the engine was changed.(From 2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate