• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.11 & Beta 25.12 stuck at launch while adding Halide Bottlenecks extension

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue just started happening to me yesterday on my M1 Macbook 13". It seems like it happened right after the 25.11 update. I have completely reinstalled Photoshop after using the cleaner tool. I have deleted all of my preferences. I have tried reinstalling older versions of Photoshop. It gets stuck at the "Adding extensions...Halide Bottlenecks" message. Eventually I get a pop-up saying my Ram is running out, and it says Photoshop is not responding and taking around 90 GB of memory. All I can do is force quit. 

{Thread branched out by moderator from old thread to track similar reports.}

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

I finally resolved this by using the "Clean All" option on the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool.  This completely erased all my Adobe apps and their folders (except for Adobe Acrobat), so first I backed up all the settings/prefs/presets from them that I wanted to keep. I had to reinstall everything. But now Photoshop opens again!

So maybe it is a corrupt file that multiple apps rely on that is causing this, even though it only seems to impact Photoshop and Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

The team is investigating this. Thanks for adding the details.

Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
New Here ,
22 hours ago 22 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my life, I was struggling thinking about what to do, I am a user of a macbook m1 with sonoma 14.5, normally I do not update the OS, until months after there have been no errors in the working software, but this time I trusted myself, since I had not read reports about it, when I tried to enter Photoshop and it just kept loading I panicked, but thanks to you I was able to resolve the situation in a much simpler way than having to downgrade to Ventura... thank you very much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
19 hours ago 19 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any chance somobody is working on it?

I can't finish important project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
14 hours ago 14 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on my end is I used the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool as @will_in_KC suggested and it worked.

Also spoke with customer support, and as @Sameer K mentioned, it was a known issue with Photoshop… particularly with the M1 chip systems, apparently, and he said they were prioritizing a patch for it.

Very frustrating, but I'm hoping my problems are solved for now, since I lost almost the entire workday yesterday trying to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
11 hours ago 11 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, I ended up having to reach out to tech support and it took them 90 minutes to remotely fix the problem.  I know it involved downloading the "AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool", and it also involved throwing out the cache from ALL the apps.  I can't retend to know exactly what was done, but if you can't fix the problem on your own with this information, budget in an hour to 90 minutes to work with ADOBE tech support (I called but you can have it done via chat as well during business hours).  Don't wait until the weekend!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same issues as of yesterday. I have a MacBook Pro and it just stalls on the 'adding extension...Halide Bottlenecks' and I have no other option but to force quit. Incredibly frustrating since I need these programs for school right now. I've tried all the troubleshooting methods too including restarting, uninstalling and reinstalling the apps and nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate