• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop can't open, freezes on splash image, uses all of ram trying to open then crashes.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have googled every possible variation of this problem and tried every fix for this problem, none of them worked. I have tried reinstalling photoshop, deleting everything even remotely related to photohop in the appdata, deleting custom fonts, restarting the computer, updating graphics and computer, and holding every possible combination of alt, ctrl and shift while trying to launch in administrator mode. The result is always the same. It opens the splash image, gets to loading preferences or brushes, spikes RAM usage to every last byte of RAM I have, freezes the computer, then crashes.

And no i'm not running it on a potato i'm running it on an Alienware Aurora 4090, it should have more than enough power to handle this and Photoshop ran perfectly fine for months. Then just today it crashed and has never started up again.

Photoshop version 25.11

Help.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

UPDATE

As the team investigates this issue, it has been determined that if you remove these beta apps:

• Media Encoder beta
  • After Effects beta
  • Premiere Pro beta and
  • Character Animator beta

your other Adobe apps should open as expected.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 707 Replies 707
707 Comments
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong forum. Please, delete this comment!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue started yesterday after I cleared the cache on my laptop. Shortly after, I tried to open Photoshop, but it would get stuck either loading fonts or plugins. Task manager would then read massive memory pressure from Photoshop.

I've uninstalled Photoshop, deleted settings, downloaded old versions, and even have this problem with the normal version of it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached is video of the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same exact issue just happened on my comptuer (Mac Pro Intel on Ventura 13.6.7). After uinstalling the beta version of Media Encoder (), it looks like it's running normal again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently using Photoshop and Illustrator for my job, on a Macbook Pro M1 with the newest iOS just installed. As of yesterday, about 22 hours ago, Photoshop and Illustrator have been completely unable to open, it comes up with the loadng graphic, then the wheel on the cursor, and it says "Not responding", which makes me force close the program.

I have tried just about every method known, software update, uninstall and reinstall, using a previous version, etc. and no luck. As a graphic designer who is working on multiple projects at once right now, this is imperative, and it has put me at risk of losing our biggest ever brand deal if I'm unable to deliver what's needed ASAP.

I understand this has been an issue among users today.  I am wondering what the fix to this is, as I cannot go much longer without the use of said applications.

Thanks,

- Matthew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to open Adobe Photoshop and it just freezes. I believe its some type of memory leak, because its using 100GB+ of ram upon startup. Anyway to start it in safe mode or something similar?

Windows 10
Adobe Photoshop 25.11

I just open the program and it freezes

JohnnyRocket_0-1723146603125.pngJohnnyRocket_1-1723146673292.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it for me deeted Aero/Media Encoder/Premiere Beta versions now Photoshop is loading OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

My photoshop doesnt open on my Imac (Not responding and force quit) , I installed older versions, added photoshop to the accessibility and then restart the Imac, nothing works, 

Im using both photoshop 2024 and beta version. its a M3 chip, 16 GB, 250 Gb free space. 

Is there anyone who can help me ? I really appreciate your help in advance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall only Photoshop Beta or *all* Adobe Beta apps?
Uninstalling *every Adobe Beta app* got Photoshop working for me again.
Hope this helps you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem today. Its crashes opening Photoshop and ilustrator. I dont tray the rest of the programs. My computer colapsed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its freez and I cant do enithing. I have to restar de pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Francisco27371233mk8l see the posted answer in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it doesn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of my photoshop programs will open. When I click them it goes to the openoing logo and then jst stops. Tried unistalling Photoshop and reinstalling but wont work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually had this problem resolved. I had to call Adobe Customer Support. They remotely took control of my PC, but from what it sounded like, the issue is due to the Beta versions of their software. I had to use the Cleaner Tool and then manually delete and/or rename the folders and then reinstall. I literally had to remove every Adobe software including the creative suite to get this up and running again, but everything is back up and running. There are 7 different places you need to remove or rename the Adobe folders for it to create all new ones upon new install. However, be sure to not install the Beta versions. I'm on Windows 11 by the way. You would need to unhide certain folders as they aren't very easy to locate. I hope this helps everyone. Thank you everyone for all of your responses. I hope this helps you all as well. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was fixed when I removed the beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys! I unistalled all the beta versions and Photoshop now opens! (wonder why that is). Thanks much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I’m running into a serious issue with Photoshop 2024 on my Mac Mini (2023 M2, 8GB RAM). I’ve been working without any problems for a long time, but today, Photoshop suddenly crashed while I was trying to launch it. My Mac gave me an alert saying the system had run out of memory for applications, but Photoshop was just starting up. The system reported that Photoshop was trying to use 43.41GB of memory, which I obviously don’t even have available on this machine.

I’ve already tried launching Photoshop with the Shift key to bypass third-party plugins, resetting preferences, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing seems to work. The problem persists, and I’m stuck.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andy28735431qrg5 

We are aware of this issue and working on a solution.  For now, delete these beta apps if you have them and let us know if this solves it for you.

As the team investigates this issue, it has been determined that if you remove these beta apps:

• Media Encoder beta
  • After Effects beta
  • Premiere Pro beta and
  • Character Animator beta

your other Adobe apps should open as expected.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removing the betas fixed, but I'm hoping to get my betas back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i load Photoshop CC 25.11 the screen freezes at readiing prefrences any help most appreciated ,I am not very computer savy.     Many Thanks.  Bruce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Rather not have to uninstill all my software..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool follwoing instructions. Removed everything on the list + Creative Cloud desktop + Ps + all the Beta versions from every app. Then re-install CC and Ps. Ps is finally working! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community forums to Photoshop.]

Do you have an BETA apps installed on your system?  You might want to unistall them for the time being.

See Restore Preferences from Backup

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore-preferences-backup

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Cory this has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know this is a common question ... I tried everything on the adobe forum. 

Even tried everything in the link below, but I have a mac and these files are no where to be found. Seems a bit too old

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/freeze-on-launch.html

Photoshop just suddenly stopped working .. I did not add anything to it. I need help.. I have a project that has a deadline and needs to be finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate