• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop can't open, freezes on splash image, uses all of ram trying to open then crashes.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have googled every possible variation of this problem and tried every fix for this problem, none of them worked. I have tried reinstalling photoshop, deleting everything even remotely related to photohop in the appdata, deleting custom fonts, restarting the computer, updating graphics and computer, and holding every possible combination of alt, ctrl and shift while trying to launch in administrator mode. The result is always the same. It opens the splash image, gets to loading preferences or brushes, spikes RAM usage to every last byte of RAM I have, freezes the computer, then crashes.

And no i'm not running it on a potato i'm running it on an Alienware Aurora 4090, it should have more than enough power to handle this and Photoshop ran perfectly fine for months. Then just today it crashed and has never started up again.

Photoshop version 25.11

Help.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

UPDATE

As the team investigates this issue, it has been determined that if you remove these beta apps:

• Media Encoder beta
  • After Effects beta
  • Premiere Pro beta and
  • Character Animator beta

your other Adobe apps should open as expected.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 707 Replies 707
707 Comments
Community Expert ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need to get rid of that old profile

Amybeth M
ACI G7 Certified Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm having a really weird problem. Everytime I try to open Photoshop OR Photoshop Beta it crashes before opening.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both, using older versions, updating the OS, running the OS in safe mode, the open photoshop and click control+option+command+shift -thing etc.

I really have no idea what to do.

If anyone can give any advice that would be great! I'm really having a huge problem as I really would need to be on Photoshop right now.

M1 Macbook Pro 2021

16gb

1TB SSD

Ps. Every other Adobe software works perfectly fine (Premiere, AE, even Lightroom...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe wanted a weedout method to keep people from using the betas without knowling the risks, this was a great way to do it. On a test system you shrug, report the bug, and move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
3 hours ago 3 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstalling all the beta apps worked for me. 

shitting cause I use the beta apps all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
2 hours ago 2 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, by following the pinned reply of CoryShubert, I was able to get my photoshop to work and have been using it without any issues or crashes. However, I can't open the bridge using the photoshop at all. Each time I do so, I am directed to the creative cloud desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
an hour ago an hour ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god what an amateur outfit Adobe has become. Yeah, uninstall all of their apps because none of them work and then hope the problem goes away...which it did after uninstalling:

• Media Encoder beta
  • After Effects beta
  • Premiere Pro beta and
  • Character Animator beta

Spent the better part of the day working on this while on deadline. 

The best thing I've done is move over to Davinci from Premiere. Davinci is a dream to work with while Premiere is a never ending nightmare of spinning rainbow balls. If only capture one was as robust as photoshop I'd drop awful Adobe all together. Let's hope that time comes soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
55m ago 55m ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here, uninstalling all betas worked for me as a fix. Windows 11 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate