Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop CC 25.9 (non-beta) Error: 0xc0000142

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've noticed that there has been an isssue reported with Photoshop CC 25.9 (beta) here about Photoshop failing to start with error 000142.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-beta-v-25-9-cannot-be-start...

However, it looks like this is now occurring on the released version of 25.9.

Photoshop auto-updated itself today (was working fine before), and I  now get the same error 000142 when I try and start it. This is NOT a Photoshop beta version.

This is on Windows 10. CPU is a 14 year old Intel core i7.

I know it's old.... but it's been working fine with no issues 🙂

Is this no longer supported?

If that is the case, why did the auto-updater allow Photoshop to update?

Am I going to need to downgrade back to the previous version or is this issue going to be fixed? 

Seems very strange that if Adobe knew of this issue that v25.9 would be released without fixing it.

If I do need to downgrade, how do I do that? I can't see a way to select a version to install.

Thank you for your help

Liz

Bug Started
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

A fix for this issue is in Public Beta version 25.10

A fix for General release will come soon.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 220 Replies 220
220 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop won't start up! Error message 0xc0000142. I notice that many more users suffer from it. What now? I mean I as a user can't do much about it and have absolutely no understanding of computers and software and how to modify this so that, maybe, it does work. Is anything happening on your part so that the problem is solved? I would love to hear about it. Or tell me in detailed, simple steps what I need to do to get it working again. This is very annoying - to put it mildly - for me who also does a fair amount of design.

Willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just undid the update. And now it works again. Open your Creative Cloud desktop app. In your photoshop membership, go to the computer, tablet or web icon, depending on what you use photoshop on, and install the previous version.
Now, of course, my fear is that it will be fine as long as it lasts, because eventually Adobe has to fix the bug or whatever it is from the latest update to make it work for everyone. In a year's time, there will be so many updates that you may not be able to go back to the one that still works for you. It makes the app unreliable and that is very unpleasant.

Willem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Received error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click Ok to close."

Running Windows 11 Home v10.022635 build 22635.

Processor Celron G4900 Cpu@3.1 GHz and supports SSE4.1, SSE4.2.

Error started after updating to v25.9.

Re-installed v25.7 and issue went away.

Auto-update has been disabled so would like to be informed when the issue is resol

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gleiches Problem. Nach Update auf Photoshop 25.9 error: 0xc0000142, kein Programmstart möglich. Nach Downgrade auf 25.7 funtioniert PS wieder. Auch ich arbeite mit einem alten Intel i7 Prozessor. Ich hoffe es gibt bald eine Lösung für das Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

al iniciar el photoshop me sale el error que la aplicacion no se pudo iniciar correctamente (0xc0000124) ayuda necesito solucionar este error! compre hace poco la licencia y ya me pasa esto!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same experience  - looks like 25.9 was installed overnight or sometime today and Photoshop stopped working. 

This on an older system with a I7 980X process, 32gb memory an older  Nvidia GTX 1060, with 6gb video card. Working good enough until this morning.  😞

Uninstall the new version, and rolled it back with a re-install of the 25.7, and everything is back to working good enough…. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list. I had to rollback as well due to this error. Not ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem as everyone else it seems. Now using 25.7 with no issues, but i tried the Photoshop beta 25.10 and it threw up the same code too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and I can't roll back because I uninstalled and reinstalled so it won't show me older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tengo mismo problema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look here: Install previous versions of your Creative Cloud apps (adobe.com)

Here you'll find detailed informations how to install previous version of the appropriate Adobe apps.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Coman1954 , pues hasta ahora la única solución que nos ofrece el equipo de Adobe, para resolver este error, es hacernos de una máquina mucho más potente y actual. 
...Y aquí seguimos... pagando por sus servicios de excelencia.

Pero que, no sé si será también tu caso (el mío y de muchos otros sí lo es), que en la nueva versión del Photoshop (25.9), sin ser beta, también ocurre lo mismo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactamente me pasa lo mismo, no solo con el beta si no con la
actualización,

--
Carlos Enrique Spina

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue I'm having is that there are no other versions listed when I do that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Miss Liz: Yes, this the exact same problem that I'm having. I'll try the link above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue with PS 25.9 began yesterday. Opened app and got startup error 142. Running Windows 10. Previously able to use all app features. Attempted to fix with reinstall and restore point. Lightroom, Bridge and Acrobat working fine. 

Brad376505419c00_0-1716914847711.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aquí, varios con el mismo problema, desde hace ya un mes y la única "solución" que nos ofrece el equipo de Adobe (por el que se supone que también pagamos), es que nos compremos una máquina mejor. 

Así también doy yo consejos y soluciono problemas, claro. Es indignante, la verdad. 

Y ya, como piensan que el problema debe estar resuelto (nada más lejos de la realidad), pues ni se molestan en contestar ni en buscar el auténtico problema.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installez la version précédente. On dirait qu’Adobe met du temps à régler le problème ou alors s’en fout complètement …lié à un processeur I7 soit disant obsolète
Envoyé de mon iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop installed on my desktop, and it suddenly won't open. I keep receiving the attached message. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro (and is fully updated), I have two high-speed processors (I saw someone suggesting that was the issue), and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've also restarted my computer multiple times. Any suggestions? 

error message.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Teresa34837928u2eg it's a known issue with older CPU's

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-cc-25-9-non-beta-error-0xc0...

You can revert back to version 25.7 until Adobe provide a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brad376505419c00 it's a known issue with older CPU's

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-cc-25-9-non-beta-error-0xc0...

You can revert back to version 25.7 until Adobe provide a fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. 

Try to reset the CC desktop app.

Make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R

Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

If that fails, try to repair: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

If that also fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.4 - Photoshop 25.9.1 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate