• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well intentioned, but I know that if I open Photoshop beforehand, no file will be created. This is no solution.

Adobe should do their job. I pay for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you talking about? You don't have to open Photoshop beforehand. You can open the file & Photoshop via right click etc. as it says in my post.

If you insist on poor practices, you'll have a lot more problems than just meaningless log files that can be easily deleted via search.

[Abuse removed] The fact is, you pay to use the software as it exists, you have paid for nothing more as all software has some deficiencies.

[Abuse removed by moderator. Please follow forum guidelines to be kind and respectful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post "Solution for unwanted "gude.log" file creation issue in Photoshop."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty for the Conclusion,

but is still annoying to have this gude.log and if you forget to delete the gude.log 

the file gonna stack in other folder and will be many gude log if you open directly your file.

Adobe Need fix this gude.log Problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is some confusion, I'm happy to clarify.

1. If you use any one of my three (3) solutions, you will not generate a gude*.log file. In fact I edit dozens of files a day for months, and I never saw them, because I never directly click on a file. Directly clicking on a file is, with all due respect, a procedure for novices. So don't do it!

2. Ok so I did generate "gude*.log,"  and like you I wondered if there were more, and I just used Windows search for the whole SSD, searching for "gude*.log," (no quotations and no comma). The asterik is essential, because each file has it's own date, thus * acts like a wildcard. You will see every one on the drive, and can delete them all at once.

3. End of issue, as long as you take my advice about opening files in the future!

PS I can be wrong just like anyone, but I think I have this one right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us that prefer fewer clicks and actions, this isn't a
solution.
PS is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are new to Photoshop, or new to making demands of Adobe. If so I can help:

1. It's one more click, and zero more "actions." If you think Photoshop is "broken" because you discovered it creates a file, the purpose of which you don't even know, you most likely are an edgy novice. I say this with due respect, simply because I was once a novice myself and did some complaining here.

2. If you use Photoshop via Bridge like you are supposed to for best efficiency, it's not a problem at all, it's nothing.

3. You can beat your head against a wall here making demands. They don't hurry up because of complaints about issues that professionals do not care about. I have seen Adobe just go and cancel a whole software (for website creation) and thousands of users were screwed. They complained, it did nothing.

3. Resourceful pros take great solutions like this and use them. You may reflect and realize this yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree one can get around the issue of creating gude log files by doing some extra work. However, the main point is that Photoshop does not behave the way a typical Windows program should. For every other program I use, there is no difference between opening a file by double-clicking and by opening the application first. To have to purposely remind myself and make an exception for Photoshop every time I want to use a PSD file doesn't make sense. It may be just one or two extra clicks plus locating the correct app on a menu, but when you have thousands of images, it becomes significant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beachcolonist ... your post is the most obserd post I've ever seen on the internet.  I wonder how you are employed to be honest?  Calling users you don't even know not professional because of a bug introduced by Adobe?

I'm a software engineer (35+ years in the professional arena both public facing and internal), this is clearly a BUG, the problem didn't exist in earlier versions and now it does exist.  Any reasonable software engineer would clearly understand this is a bug given the context of the information provided in the file ... that's debug information intended for software engineers not for end users. 

Let me ask you this, since you claim to be a professional, do you know what this error message means?

"SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure"

I have a pretty good idea at what the Adobe coding problem is, they're trying to reference cached data that no longer exists. 

This is 100% coding error with blame squarely on Adobe engineers and most importantly on Adobe Quality Assurance group (if they have one as it seems they don't given the proliferation of users having this problem).

But I'm certainly not going to call you or anyone else "not professional" because they don't understand programmer code references.  Only someone very insecure about themselves would defer a real bug as not being a professional user.

A solution is when Adobe address this obvious BUG.

A work around is when you inform users to only open Adobe files from within Adobe applications ... BTW, this problem is impacting Illustrator and a slew of other Adobe applications, not just Photoshop.

If you want to provide work around, great, but to degrade users as not being professional isn't relevant nor a good way to communication, share, and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I can open an image file with a single double-click. Now, I need two.
Adobe PS is rife with inefficiencies, and it sucks having to put up with
one more. I've only been using PS for ten years, so maybe I'm a noob, and
maybe the pain in my joints is imaginary, but I value efficiency as much as
function.
The GUDE logs are normally dropped somewhere in the AppData/roaming/...
section of my Adobe install, not in with my resources files. Adobe apps are
rife with logs full of errors buried away where nobody (especially Adobe)
can see them, so I doubt they're used by anyone at this point. Unused debug
logs are a complete waste space on every user's drive. Any novice can see
that.

2) Any unwanted and unexpected files showing up in my active resource
directories is annoying. Now I have to spend more clicks deleting the
clutter. *This is a known issue that Adobe has acknowledged and is
supposedly working on a fix. That is a good indication that PS is broken. *Of
course, you have every right to pretend otherwise and helpful workarounds
are always considered.

3) As for Adobe Bridge, please point to where using it has become an Adobe
requirement. I never knew I was supposed to use it, nor have I had to until
now. Windows explorer is a functional match with a similar yet more
familiar interface.

4) I wasn't aware that the Adobe community was a complete waste of time,
but your feedback has proven otherwise. Unfortunately, your condescension
doesn't alleviate the frustration felt by many on this feedback portal or
Adobe's lack of timely competence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rob Ainscough - The proof of our skill sets with respect to this issue is in our comparitive communications.

1. You missed that I gave a complete solution for opening files via not just within Adobe apps but via Windows Explorer, so your criticism in that regard fails.

2. I never said it's not a bug, another fail. Nor does it matter if it is a bug, because best practices avoid it completely. [Abuse removed]

3. As for you interest in some official response from the manufacturer on this trivial issue, you may not have looked at the dates of the first complaints. Good luck, stick to your guns, click on files and then delete the log files, do not follow my advice!

P.S. I post carefully written replies here for willing learners.

[Abuse removed by moderator. Please follow forum guidelines to be kind and respectful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You double-click files? But you complained about clicks? Then why don't you change to single click to open? You must admit, that is ironic! You've been using double the clicks for how long?

2. If you have "thousands of images" and you are not using Bridge, you are in for a fantastic pleasant surprise when you do start using it.

3. If you actually read my solution post, you would not infer you have to open Photoshop first, because you don't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say:

"1) I can open an image file with a single double-click. Now, I need two. Adobe PS is rife with inefficiencies, and it sucks having to put up with one more."

Is this a joke? You've been innefficeintly double-clicking, now I've given you a solution that uses two single clicks. Two clicks either way, not that it matters, because any editing takes dozens of clicks.

You are complaining about an "inefficiency" that does not exist. Please, enjoy yourself, do as you like and complain to Adobe not to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an MS Certified Computer Tech, I would never open any file that is "self" generated or appeared from some unknown source.  You can check the properties by right clicking and often that will tell something about the file.  All that said, the "guide: file continues to appear on my system from time to time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, opening a file in Photoshop or Illustrator by double-click in Explorer or just on Desktop creates a gude<...>.log file.
I don't see it as a problem, but it is still annoying.
I wonder why Adobe cannot fix it for months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beachcolonist ... a typo warrior ... so your "resonse" I take it means "response" ... the world is officially coming to an end a typo was found ... stop distracting from what you clearly seem unable or unwilling to grasp.

No stomach for getting into the technical details of the errors in these logs?  You seem to want to avoid that discussion entirely?

Anyway, the "real issue" here is that Adobe acknowledged the bug and indicated it would be fixed in next update, it was NOT fixed in the next update (23.x.x) and it was NOT fixed in the new version (24.x.x) and subsequent updates to the new version.

Honestly, you sound like an Adobe employee who is or "was" on the Quality Assurance team and didn't catch this bug ... you're definitely not a PM as you don't know the difference between "solution" and "work around".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to be unaware of programming "Best Practices" ... in Windows there is an Event Log.  Applications can and should create their own entries and registry their own specific application logs with the OS and write their errors to that log.

OSEventLog.jpg

Alternatively, Adobe can have those errors sent to a server which they can monitor.  Or, Adobe can read their own event log entries and present them via a "useful" end user UI.  But what a software engineer should NEVER do, is create log files next to resource path, that is NOT best practices. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple-minded [abuse removed] thinking. Did you read what you wrote? Kindly [Cursing removed] !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're maybe right, but please be friendly and abide by the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je ne comprends pas cette discution, car sur tout les Windows, certaines erreurs "cachées" 
ont toujours existe juste Adobe crée un log lorsque ce type d'erreur lui ait retourné.
Alors ne demandez pas à Adobe de ne pas nous en informer, (oui c'est inutile) mais cette erreur
existera toujours si vous laissez activé la détection des Proxy en automatique ,
proxy-photoshop.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your note. However, the gude log file is created by Photoshop even when Automatic Proxy Detection is disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opening a file from FE should not produce an error, every other progam I have does not have an issue, and never has in the last 30+ years of computer work.
Someone mentioned Bridge being a best practice - not sure how that is the case as it is really just another FE will lots of bells and whistles - the issue just needs to be fixed on Photoshops side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that when I double click on a PSD to open in Photoshop when the program is closed, Photoshop creates a text "gude-.log" file in that folder. The file is not created when I just go to the PSD file and right click to open in Photoshop.

I've not seen this behaviour until updating to the latest PS version 24.1
I have Windows 10, the latest build.
As usual, I've done all the trouble shooting, as one does when something does not go right with Photoshop. This is more of an annoyance than anything else.

I know it's a bug as this issue had been reported in a previous version of PS at this link here:
gude.log bug 

Admins/Mods, please don't merge this with the other conversation gude.log bug as that particular bug at the time, was fixed with an update 23.3.1. which was back in April/May 2022.

There have since been recent posts (Dec 2022) which needs to be looked into by someone who can touch base with an Adobe Engineer.  I believe this needs a fresh look into, so hopefully by creating a new bug report for Photoshop v 24.1 that this will generate a quicker response by an Adobe Employee. Thank you.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Here's what's in the text file

gude-2022-12-30.log

20:48:24:402 [ALWAYS] GUDE Logging Started
20:48:24:403 [INFO] SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
20:48:24:403 [ERROR] SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
20:48:24:403 [ERROR] Initialize resume cache pointer failure
20:48:24:403 [INFO] gude policy POLICY_USER limit (2,2,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 0, timeout 86400
20:48:24:403 [INFO] Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude
20:48:26:884 [WARN] Ignoring attempt to reinit logging to \gude at level 4 retaining 3 days of logs
20:48:26:885 [INFO] SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
20:48:26:885 [ERROR] SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
20:48:26:885 [ERROR] Initialize resume cache pointer failure
20:48:26:885 [INFO] gude policy POLICY_USER limit (4,4,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 1, timeout 86400
20:48:26:885 [INFO] Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate