• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS v25.5&25.6 Missing ALT keyboard shortcuts in panels

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from Photoshop 25.4 to 25.5 on my Windows 11 PC running the latest patches and I noticed that many keyboard shortcuts using the ALT-key are now gone in editing panels, for instance Image Resize and Image Canvas.

ALT keyboard shortcuts have become something of a hidden feature in Photoshop, because they're only visibile when hold the ALT key pressed down. But when you know this trick it becomes possible to use the keyboard to access options in the PS pull-down menu and change numerical values; it can really speed up your workflow compared to using a mouse.  I only need three key presses to change any option in amy PS panel. Memorize those and you can speed through PS using just the keyboard.

The problem is that the ALT hotkeys that have numerical input fields (like Width and Height in the Canvas Size panel), are gone in Photoshop 25.5 and 25.5.1. Needless to say it worked fine in 25.4 and every other Photoshop version released in the past 20 years.

Take these two screenshot of the Canvas Size panel (image top = PS 25.5, image bottom = PS 25.4). If you hold the ALT key you should not just see the Cancel button change to Reset, but the first letters of options like Width, Height, Relative and Canvas Extension color should now be underlined to indicate that you can press ALT plus an underlined letter to move the keyboard focus to those options.

Saskia5CBF_0-1710880273322.png

Saskia5CBF_2-1710880852506.png

The same thing is happening in the Image Size panel. (image top = PS 25.5, image bottom = PS 25.4). In the latest PS version the ALT keyboard shortcuts for Luminance, Color Intensity and Fade don't work anymore.

Saskia5CBF_3-1710881311177.png

Saskia5CBF_5-1710881342117.png

Only a few people have acknowledged this issue in my previous posting. I'm trying again with a better structured post hoping that others can confirm this buy so that this bug will reach the Adobe devs. I rely a lot on ALT keyboard shortcuts in my Photoshop workflow and I'm really unhappy about this bug. The good news is that's incredibly easy to reproduce, the bad news is that probably not that many people even know these ALT keyboard shortcuts exist in the Windows version of Photoshop.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Hey there! 

I am seeing this, too. I've shared it with the team to investigate further.

Thanks for bringing all the details. 

Sameer K

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

The team has found the root cause of this behavior.

Thanks for your patience.

Sameer K

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
38 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 25.4, since I can't work without shortcust.

All those new "AI" things are (maybe) nice to have, but without shortcuts, the software becomes useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn ... still not fixed ...This is a bit worrying ... I hope this is not going to be one of those things that are NEVER going to be fixed. I'll never upgrade to any new version as long as this bug is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the shortcuts are part of a new subscription model?

Want shortcuts like in the classic '90s?

Make use of Photoshop CC Pro+ for less than $ 10,- a month (15 shortcuts included) or $ 15,- a month (25 shortcuts included).

You can even subscribe to Photoshop CC Pro+ AI edition, with shortcuts suggested by cloud AI!

Just joking, please restore the shortcuts.

I use Photoshop since version 2 or 3, it didn't even have layers back than. And to be honest : I can work without layers, but I can't without shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still any news about fixing broken shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2024 Jun 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feat they don't care.

Maybe I will upgrade to the latest release and fix the problem myself with a tool like Autohotkey.

See https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v2/ - but come one Adobe, give us back our hotkeys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 25.9.1 came out with "minor bug fixes". But the ALT keyboard shortcuts bug still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's wait for Photoshop 32.5.2 (release september 2045).

That will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hopefully we will not need any Adobe in 2045 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not? I have been using Photoshop since about 1993 (Windows 3.11), that's almost 30 years ago.

So 2055 must be doable.

But on a more serious note; why are they not fixing the shortcuts?

And why did the remove, many years ago, the shortcuts (for quick menu access) when in fullscreen mode?

When NOT in fullscreen mode, you can enter something like;

ALT + T and than N + ENTER to simply go to "filters", select "noise" and execute it.

But when in fullscreen mode (tab F twice) the ALT +T (or whatever shortcut) doesn't work since +/- 10 years.

I used to work trully fullscreen, and had access to all shortcuts back in the days (until +/- 2010 I guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 22, 2024 Jun 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe officially read the forum?
They don't seem to pay attention to your information.
No one told them.
Or Adobe officially did this intentionally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is almost 5 months from breaking down dialog windows and it is still not fixed.

@Sameer K, what are you still investigating?

Your engeneers do not keep track record of changes to source code? Why they can't fix it? Why do you not communicate?

I read it as very strong disrespect to paying customers! You make our work harder, not better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has found the root cause of this behavior.

Thanks for your patience.

Sameer K

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There!
Just wanted to join in here to testify that this issue is slowing down my workflow significantly.
Apart from all the time it takes to research such upgrade-related issues!

Though I uso nowhere near as advanced shortcuts as Saskia, Alt is needed here for re-applying the same values for any image adjustment operation (just add Alt to the mix)!
So - to me this ain't no gimick, but a tool for my work.
I could do with half the number of updates btw...

Votes

Translate

Translate