• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Quick Select works unexpectedly (no selection) in Select and Mask

Enthusiast ,
Jun 24, 2016 Jun 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the new Select and mask feature by following one of your tutorials. However I could not get anything close to a selection. It seems after using the quick selection tool and than the refine edge tool, in deselects instead of adds making a worse selection. Currently am going back to 2015 until it's fixed

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

This was fixed back in Photoshop 18.0.1.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
31 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jul 03, 2016 Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on the cloud, it should list it under previous versions. I made the same mistake and was able to go back!. In fact I did it twice;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous versions are completely gone from my CC desktop.  😕RackMultipart201607031257821pt-3213bd17-10da-4448-8384-8eda484e5b10-1706249355.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed out of CC and signed back in and was able to reinstall my previous version of PS.  Here's an apples to apples comparison (see above comment for screen recording of updated PS select and mask).  I have already used quick select to make my selection and then did refine edge.  It did a much better job making a clean selection and picked up the wispy hair in her ponytail, the tip of her nose and her fingertip.  I was done quickly and without a lot of fuss.  https://youtu.be/0q3QemDRsvk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Traci, so glad you were able to get back to the previous version. Here's hoping they continue to  support it until the .5 is fixed. btw: what recording software did you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for you help.  I use Icecream screen recorder.  It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done and it's free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was fixed back in Photoshop 18.0.1.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate