• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Save As" no longer appear with second monitors or Sidecar running after update to macOS Monterey

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

When I try to "Save As" I get no result. Normally a dialog box will pop up with format / file location options but it's no longer happening. I am trying to save a .psd file as a .psd file. 

I have tried going to File / Save As and also the cmd/shift/S keyboard shortcut

I am also seeing this behavior in InDesign, but the Save As command works in Illustrator.

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Mac Mini 2018

Thanks!

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Fixed.  I'm running a 2nd NEC monitor that I use as my main screen. Changed the prefs to have the iMac as the main screen, then changed back, and now all dialog boxes are showing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

We'll investigate this with Apple. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem, but it's not related to having a second monitor. I only have one. Working on an iMac. Every time it happens, if I quit photoshop and reopen, it starts to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro M1 with Mac OS Monterey and Photoshop 2022 installed on it. 

Opening Photoshop doesn't show the usual welcome screen, just a blank grey page with the File/Edit type options.

Trying to open a new file does nothing, the file open/save dialogue box doesn't show up.

Dragging a file into Photoshop does open it up, but trying to Save as also doesn't do anything.

A similar thread suggested enabling full disk access on the Mac's settings, I enabled it for both Photoshop and the Creative Cloud, but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm curious why I can't Save As on Photoshop 2021 or 2022? I recently updated my Mac to Monterey. I'm able to save to the cloud but not my computer. When I try to Save As, it won't show the Dialog Box. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Pulled a backup from 
~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop 2022/AutoRecover
• Downloaded Photoshop'21 

• Opened the backup and saved the file

• Tried it again in photoshop'22 and it didn't work (After downloading and rebooting photoshop'22 can't even open anymore, grey screen)
*I've spent more time troubleshooting this issue than working towards tomorrow's deadline 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uhhh i'm sorry i thought the problem was with Monterrey, i dont think Alt+Control+Shift works on a mac

thanx anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour à tous, 

Je viens de telecharger Photoshop sur mon Macbook M1 pro.

Lorsque je modifie un design tout va bien, mais lorsque je veux l'enregistrer cela n'ouvre pas ma fentre de recherche dans mes dossiers. 

C'est comme si le bouton ne marchait pas j'ai beau cliquer dessus rien ne se passe, je ne peux donc pas enregistrer mes documents. 

J'ai redemarré mon ordinateur, éffectuée toutes le smises à jour, j'ai desinstaller puis reinstaller adobe cloud et Photoshop.

Je ne sais plus quoi faire 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped after the update that it would be able to save again. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. 

Montery 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is the worst.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! I can't believe they havent fixed it yet... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is an Apple issue, not an Adobe issue because some of my other apps are doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any update on when this issue will be resolved. First I upgraded to Monterey and this issue was everywhere. I then clean installed MONTEREY and now only Photoshop has this issue. Where we cannot do any kind of Save As or save as legacy etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the Photoshop to 23.0.1 the "Save as dialogue" window is completely missing. "Open" dialogue window shows no buttons. I'm on Mac M1. Log file is attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you using Monterey? it is a known issue with dual monitors: 

Sometimes the Save, Save as, and Export dialogs may not appear when an external monitor (via USB-C thunderbolt cable) or iPad (via Sidecar) is connected.
To display the dialogs, temporarily disconnect the external monitor or Sidecar.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks. Yes I'm using Monterey. Without an exteranal monitor it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour impossible d'enregistrer, d'enregistrer sous, d'enregistrer une copie  d'un fichier la commande ne fonctionne pas dans le menu fichier et en mode raccouci également. Cela ne fonctionne plus de puis la dernière mise à jour 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a dongle To connect your external monitors? Turns out, the dongle I was using was defective, when I got another one the problem on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) with a 2nd monitor HP 27es, and the only way to save files opening the Finder dialog is without using the 2nd Monitor, so I disconnected it and now it works great. But plz fix this asap cause it's really hard to work without a 2nd monitor! Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello creatives,

i restarted the mac, restarted photoshop, reinstalled and trashed preferences... none of it solved anything and just wasted time ... help!

Running Monterey on a MacBookPro16,1 and the latest version of creative cloud and photoshop.

Is there anysolution to this?

Greetings and thank you for looking into this please.

Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 18.45.44.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, that helped, at least for two screens. If I have the third screen (iPad) I still can't make it work. I using then the Quick-Export and changed in the peferences under "Export" to use the Document folder. At least that works. "Save as" also doesn't work when I have three screens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I found a way to avoid the issue. If you have a second monitor instead of disconnecting it you can "mirror" the monitor so adobe won't "feel" the second one and you will be able to work on your big screen. you will work anyway with just one monitor but at least it's better than doing graphic on your 16" macbook screen 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a few minutes working on a file, the Save as, export as jpg or save for web stop working completely.

The Command-S save works but you can't choose a save as location.

I use the Keys to save but even trying to use the menu items doesn't work either.

Restarting photoshop makes it work again.

Also the "Save optimized as" Window on my iMac M1 is not centered on the screen. it moves to the bottom left corner of the screen. It can be moved to the center but next time you try to use it it goes back to the bottom left... It still behaves like that in 23.0.1. and it ONLY happens in Photoshop. All other apps show save as windows in the center.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see here: Gelöst: Re: Can't create new files nor save as... - Adobe Support Community - 12516503

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate