• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Save As" no longer appear with second monitors or Sidecar running after update to macOS Monterey

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

When I try to "Save As" I get no result. Normally a dialog box will pop up with format / file location options but it's no longer happening. I am trying to save a .psd file as a .psd file. 

I have tried going to File / Save As and also the cmd/shift/S keyboard shortcut

I am also seeing this behavior in InDesign, but the Save As command works in Illustrator.

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Mac Mini 2018

Thanks!

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Fixed.  I'm running a 2nd NEC monitor that I use as my main screen. Changed the prefs to have the iMac as the main screen, then changed back, and now all dialog boxes are showing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

We'll investigate this with Apple. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MdesignAZ , @maxp37663908 — there have been two updates to Monterey since 12.0.1 — get on 12.2 already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

Sometimes pictures I edited can not be exported and saved from Photoshop. There are no warnings about some kind of issue. When I click on the bottom "export" or "save"/"save as" just nothing happens. 

This problem repeats at some intervals. Previous times it solved by itself, but today's case is not. I also can not close Photoshop because there are many edited files.

Please, help me solve this problem. I am looking forward to your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem back again after the last update V.23.2 ... Adope, what are you doing ????? ...  I think that it is the time to search another software as Capture One 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes .. What I must do .. Change to windows :-))) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current and previous version of PS have been acting wanky.  Now I can not save my psd in any way.  'Save' simply does nothing.  Save As, does nothing.  I even created a jpg and it won't save it.  

PS is v. 23.2.0.  Mac OS is 12.2.  Using a M1 Mini iMac.

I really need some help now, thanks....

I'm not closing PS until I can somehow save my doc with lot's of time put into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save to creative cloud and restart PS. Open the file and "save as" in your folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I got the same problem. I solved it after I had clicked on the bottom "share". 

D9F43CD5-A1D0-4578-98E0-1093EB431B0D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What?  Did you read it?  PS is not saving anything any way.  Telling me to save to cloud is not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in the app is 'share'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS can save to creative cloud .. This what I did to save my work  .. Try 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the upper right corner

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else noticing this issue? When I have my laptop closed and only working on my external monitor, I get the normal Save As window that pops up when I go to save a new document or hit Cmd+Shift_S."

defaultaf1nqgw76r9g_0-1650641759454.png

Now I'll close this Save As window and open my laptop to have two screens because this is how I prefer to work. When I hit "Cmd+Shift+S" now the Save As window doesn't appear.

If I close my laptop and try to save again, I can get the Save As window again, but now it appears blank.

defaultaf1nqgw76r9g_1-1650642458948.png

Sometimes I get this same blank window when I am working with both screens. It's random. Sometimes it works, doesn't show, or appears blank. It's super inconsistent and it didn't start happening until the last two or three updates.

Can someone please help with this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) macOS Monterey 12.0.1 
BenQ PD2705Q Display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem as user: defaultaf1nqgw76r9g. I am on a m1 macbook pro with latest system software and Photoshop 23.3.1... I was REALLY hoping this latest update would fix things but it does not. I have 2 external monitors plugged in and the save as dialogue boxes are off screen and I have to choose the macbook as the main monitor to even work in this app any more. This is NOT convenient at all. PLEASE FIX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, if you press Ctrl-down arrow to show all application windows, does the Save dialog appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... can't see the box on any of my screens. I can try typiing and I just get a SOUND of typing that is not working (sort of like a POP sound effect) and I have to hit ESC to go back to the main save for web dialogue box (nothing gets saved).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I've been having this issue for 6 months now. It seems that whenever my second monitor is plugged in, I am unable to Save my current open files. This happens with all adobe apps, especiall yphotoshop, illustrator and indesign. 

The save as promt simply does not show up, if I unplug the screen it will show up but the winow will be blank and i can't choose my save location or rename the file or change the file type.  I can save it to the cloud but not on my mac. The only way to resolve this issue is to unplug the screen and restart my macbook, which is the biggest productive killer. 

Is there any other way to fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it is a known issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-monterey.html indeed, the workaround is to disable the second screen temporarily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue with the dialog boxes not appearing was suppoesdly solved but is back with v24.  For me, the Save As dialog works, but if I try to close a modified document then the alert box which asks if I really want to close it or not is not visible (until I hit Escape, at which point it blinks in and out of existance).  I'm on Monterey 12.6 on a Mac Studio.

It really makes me think poorly of Adobe that you can make all kinds of AI-powered features but you can't get a simple alert box to work.  Instead of breaking up social media companies, I wish the government would look into Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jamesr78070053 

Thanks for reaching out. 

You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please back up your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences.

If the issue persists, try rolling back to the previous version and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks! 

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After opening and closing several files, the save dialog goes behind the active screen and can no longer be seen or accessed other than through the return key to make the default selection. Depending on the scenario, I may be able to save the work, then quit and restart Photoshop. But sometimes, because I cannot see the dialog, I am forced to force quit Photoshop and lose my changes.  I am using Photoshop 24.0.0, but this was also happening with the most recent 23.X. I am on MBPro ProMax M1 chip,  64GB Ram, Mac OS Monterey 12.5.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I try to click on a tab to close it, a save as dialog box pops into existence, but is invisible. If I hit <RETURN>, the box sppears, so I have to save, then delete. Why can't I just close a tab I don't need but don't want to save? OS 12.6, PS 24.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate