• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Save As" no longer appear with second monitors or Sidecar running after update to macOS Monterey

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Save As" no longer works after update to Mac Monterey OS

When I try to "Save As" I get no result. Normally a dialog box will pop up with format / file location options but it's no longer happening. I am trying to save a .psd file as a .psd file. 

I have tried going to File / Save As and also the cmd/shift/S keyboard shortcut

I am also seeing this behavior in InDesign, but the Save As command works in Illustrator.

Mac OS Monterey 12.0.1

Mac Mini 2018

Thanks!

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

I chatted with support and worked through this issue for Photoshop by resetting my preferences.

Also, I use multiple screens and CS said to unplug my external monitors. With my monitors unplugged I went through the steps via link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

For Acrobat, I left the moniters unplugged and went through the steps of unchecking a couple of boxes in the preferences that were specified in another thread.  I think everything is fixed now. I wanted to pos

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

We're working on this issue with Apple. If you're still in this state, you can capture a Sysdiagnose log with the following instructions to share: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/59917/how-do-you-get-system-diagnostic-files-from-macos  You can DM a link to your Sysdiagnose log.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Fixed.  I'm running a 2nd NEC monitor that I use as my main screen. Changed the prefs to have the iMac as the main screen, then changed back, and now all dialog boxes are showing as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

We'll investigate this with Apple. Thanks for reporting!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 223 Replies 223
223 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of PS wont let me save as......nor export. I save as....and no window opens with options

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thas happend since I have Monterey in Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Thas happend since I have Monterey in Mac"

I'm also on Monterey and no issues, can you show us a scren capture or describe what you can't do (no menu, grayed  out, error when invoking)?

You've given Photoshop full disk access in System Preferences>Privacy?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem, but I try two different model of Eizo monitor and only one stop Indesign saving process.

Monterey on MacBook Pro 15 Touchbar 

With Eizo cs 240 all works fine, with Eizo EV2736W no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed. I unplug my external monitor I did all and now works perfect. Thanyou very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still persists for users who have an external monitor set to their main monitor in Mac OS Monterey. No amount of resetting, changing permissions, updating disk preferences etc will fix this.

So far the only real workarounds are:
Setting your Mac as your main monitor (what most people do, but I found annoying)
Rolling Monterey back to Big Sur

Hopefully Adobe fixes their apps to work properly with Monterey soon, but any other suggestions for fixes are just an exercise in frustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To set the Mac Monitor as the as the main monitor work for me for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. All solutions just work for a very short time except setting up my MacBookPro up as the main screen which is anoying for other productivity reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same here.  It seems it's a multimonitor issue with PS.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix to this? Exact same issue this end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

got the following problem:

When I connect my iPad to my Mac via Sidecar to use it as a 3rd monitor and want to save the file, the Finder window doesn't show up anymore. When I diconnect the iPad, everything works fine again. I can't find the Finder window on this third monitor either.

Does anyone know this Problem and can help me out?

Already tried:

• renaming the UXP Folder in Application Support
  • re-install Photoshop and reset deafault settings

Versions:

• MacOS Monterey v12.0.1
  • Photoshop 2022 (for M1 Chips) v23.0.2

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have given PS full disk access.

The problem is that when I have an image in PS and I open FILES and click SAVE AS.... nothing happens. Also with EXPORT AS, nothing happens. Only works with
Fast export as JPG.
I have uninstalled PS and reinstalled and nothing. I have the last version. PS 23.0.2. I should install an older version?

Thanks for answering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change your primary screen to your built-in display (drag the menu bar in the Displays arrangement screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Anyone experiencing issues saving files?  My dialog box for 'Save As' doesnt come up or if i try to create an Action, PS freezes. I also can't save actions. 

Thanks 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a lot of people comment the same basic thing as "Change your primary screen to your built-in display (drag the menu bar in the Displays arrangement screen)."

This is not a fix, this is a workaround. One that is annoying for a lot of us. Hopefully Adobe will actually fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a Mac Pro 2013, latest OS and CS.

It makes no difference which of my 2 monitors I set as main screen. Most CS software has issues with certain dialog boxes including save as and making PDFs etc etc.

The ONLY solution so far is only run ONE monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday, I've been having an issue saving any file to my local hard drive. When I select save or save us, no dialog box comes up. I've tried rolling back to older photoshop versions but the problem still persists. Illustrator allows me to save to the hard drive just fine. Any ideas what to do? I'm running on macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  By unplugging all monitors and using my laptop on it's own tends to fix the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@miky_92010 Yes, exactly the same with me. Very annoying as I save from PS very often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI've seen a lot of people comment the same basic thing as "Change your primary screen to your built-in display (drag the menu bar in the Displays arrangement screen)."

That'd be me. I realize it's a workaround, but people are still posting in this thread clearly without having seen this workaround yet. Obviously there is no fix as of yet, so a workaround is literally all we have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good lord, what a mess. Glad i saw your reply, because this sorta worked for me. Made my macbook my main monitor like you said and the SAVE AS dialogue came up, except it was all black, and i had to force quit PS to get out of it. Restarted my mac and PS and the SAVE AS worked FINALLY! However, when i changed it back to having my external monitor as my main, it dissapeared again. Geussing its something like someone else said about the dialogue box being off screen somewhere. Again, what a mess....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save in photoshop. I have removed and reinstalled the latest version, but selecting any of the save as options, nothing happens. No dialogue box appears... nothing. I am firced to close my file and choose 'Don't save'.

Anyone encountered this? Or does anyone know how to fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble experienced. Would you mind sharing which versions of macOS and Photoshop you're on?

Since when are you seeing this issue? Are you able to export the files in place of saving? 

Please try to reset the preferences: 
You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,
Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re on a multi-display setup, dialog boxes may not show up at all.  Open up Displays in System Prefs and drag the white Menu Bar to your other display. This fixed it for me along with others with a similar setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program has stopped saving any information. Can't export, save or record. All other programs work fine. I didn't change anything, I didn't setup anything, and I didn't download anything. It just stopped working exactly when I needed to finalize the project urgently. 

I tried restarting the laptop several times, uninstalling Photoshop, installing old versions, uninstalling new ones. Nothing has changed.

Can anyone help me with this please?

What am I paying money for? I don't have a weak laptop at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate