• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Scrub text leading jumps the value super high

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the scrub method of adjusting on my leading, PS(win) unexpectedly jumps the number way up, even if I'm scrubbing left, even if i'm holding the alt key.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013
Okay, I can finally post this:

We have made many fixes to the behavior of transformed text and they are now available in the latest release, Photoshop 14.1, which you can download RIGHT NOW. I will acknowledge, there are still a few lingering issues to resolve, but for most users, these fixes should handle their problems. We felt it was better to get a partial fix out now than a perfect fix in the future. We are still planning additional improvements for a coming release.

If you are still ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Photoshop CC 14.0 to 14.1.1 for fix problem

download link:
http://s9.davvas.com:182/d/jp37f3qdkv...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amber,

Check out the end of the thread for some solutions.

Also, a work-around is to simply not transform type but instead change the point size. Or, if that is too inimical to your workflow, go ahead and make the transformations that you want, note the new point size of the font, and Undo. Afterwards, you can simply change the point size of the font WITHOUT a transformation and the bug will not be triggered.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just started using Photoshop CC today and have a bee in my bonnet!
In Photoshop CS5 a really quick and user friendly shortcut was option-dragging the icon beside a value in a palette (such as the character pallette), and this would increase or decrease the value as you dragged the mouse. (i.e if you had written some text on the canvas you could increase/decrease font size on the fly by option dragging the 'T' font size icon within the character pallette).
In Photoshop CC on my machine this action now behaves extremely erratically and is no longer is useful because of this! Is this happening for everyone or just me? I'm on a mac OS 10.8.4.

Image below highlights where you can option-dragging to increase/decrease values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2013 Sep 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, there is no need to option-drag, just click the label and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Just dragging increases in units of 1.
Option-dragging increases in units of 0.1 for higher precision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

The bug is due to transformed type. This problem is fixed in the latest update of CC, 14.1.1. You can download it today.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David. My Creative Cloud subscription tells me I'm "up to date", but my Photoshop CC version is 14.0. How do I download 14.1?

Best,
Gabe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click Help > Updates and you should be automatically led through the process. You can check by going to Help > System Info.

If you continue to have trouble, ping me and I'll set up a screenshare so we can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,
Having issues with Photoshop CC ( i have the latest update ). Mac OSX 10.9.2

The paragraph leading is behaving incorrectly.

For a 6pt text, with a leading set to 6pt, it displays a leading closer to 14pt? Other character sizes with other character leading not displaying correctly.

Any clues?

thanks Greg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

I'm not seeing this on Mac.  Are you sure you have the latest update?  Have you transformed this type at some point?

If you would like, we can do a web-hosted screenshare to get to the bottom of your issue, but at this time, I am unable to duplicate what you're seeing.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello David , I just updated my photoshop to the newest one released this week, CC 2018 version and this bug appeared to me. Doesn`t matter the value that I try to type on the keyboard, the paragraph leading just start jumping to high random values, ignoring the numbers that I`m typing. Arrow keys also aren`t working either to setup the value.

update: it seems this bug happens with asian writting, as when I write in Japanese. In normal alphabet,this bug doesn`t happens. May be some conflict with Google IME or MS IME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this stupid bug came back.  Someone changed something right before ship and retriggered it.  We're working on a solution and know the problem -- the text was transformed at some point and the math involved to display the values correctly is colliding with user input.

If you create new type or work with type that was never transformed, you won't have the problem.

Hopefully, we'll have a fix out very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an in-house designer in a very fast paced company. I need to change the leading every 2 seconds and I have to go through  a ridiculous to try and adjust the leading between two lines now. Please fix this bug SOON (my livelihood depends on it!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Bash,

We are actively working on a fix and understand this bug is a problem for many people's workflows.  As a TEMPORARY workaround, you can either work with the previous version or untransformed type, since this bug is isolated to transformed text and is new to 2018.  I know, not ideal, but it should work as a stop-gap.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate