• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Starting in v 23.1.1 - keeps nagging me to save to Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying for / using Photoshop for many years (since way back to version 3 in 1996).

I don't use the Creative Cloud for saving files, and don't want to.

However, starting with version 23.1.1 whenever I create new file from an image I've copied to the PC's clipboard and then paste it into the blank PSD and Save, it now prompts me to save the file to the Creative Cloud.

The first time it popped-up (today) I made sure to put a check mark in the "Dont Show Again" box and chose "Save to your computer".

Yet it's still popping-up the "Save to Creative Cloud" prompt every time and still forcing me to make the extra step of choosing "On your computer" , every time. (Screenshot attached).

This is insanely annoying.

At first I thought hmmm... OK maybe just a glitch, so I shut down PhotoShop and restarted my PC. Problem still happens. I can't seem to find any way to change it in the settings.

Has anyone else encountering this bug? Know of a solution?

Many thanks for any input!

adobe_photoshop_v_23_1_1_bug.png

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

@whcressall – Could Adobe perhaps make local storage option a macro setting in our user profiles?

You can create your own action or script to set your preferences or other settings how you wish. In an action, you need to first set the preference to be opposite of how you wish, then when you record the action it will record the change from the unwanted setting to the wanted setting. Then you can use Script Events Manager to automatically run the action or script whenever Photoshop is run.

myprefs.png

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2021/10/photoshop-script-events-manager.html?m=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out. This experience is updated now in version 23.4 & above.

Go to Photoshop > Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location > Set to 'On your computer' and restart Photoshop.

SameerK_0-1655741653876.png

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Hi everyone -- thanks for your feedback.  We've updated the preference to more accurately reflect your expectations so that if you want to default to save locally, it will always only do that and no longer "upsell" with the dialog explaining the advantages of saving to the cloud.  

Please see the updated preference under Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location and you can choose "On your computer" for the local dialog to always appear when saving a new document.  This updated experien

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Hi @BriGuyOSC , try the following 2 steps:

1. As noted from Jeff above, uncheck the "Default save to Creative Cloud" under Preferences > File Handling
2. Next, open a local file

After that point, when you create a new document and then save, the local dialog should show up for you.  When you uncheck the preference, the behavior then goes back to the previous where the dialog that shows up is based on the storage location you last opened or saved.  Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kelly5C2A please start a new thread in the features request area for this separate problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now no option to turn off the annoying dialog that urges us to save to the cloud whenever we create a new document. No one asked for this, and it seems no one wants this. I certainly don't need a dialog wasting seconds of my time every time I try to save a new document. Give me the option to turn it off!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi — this is not my post, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kelly5C2A I was talking about your may 1 post about blur strenght, on page 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, I don’t know how to do that. I have searched for a Photoshop features forum and I can’t even find just a plain Photoshop forum, only “Photoshop Ecosystem.” I also have no idea how to move a post or start a new thread with an old post, there are no indicators near it (like there are for Report, Like, Upvote or Share.) If you. Know how to do that could you explain it to me? I find the whole forum setup strangely disorganized and counter-intuitive and I can’t figure it out at all.Thanks so much for your interest!
Kelly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kelly5C2A 

Hi again, I don’t know how to do that. I have searched for a Photoshop features forum and I can’t even find just a plain Photoshop forum, only “Photoshop Ecosystem.” I also have no idea how to move a post or start a new thread with an old post, there are no indicators near it (like there are for Report, Like, Upvote or Share.) If you. Know how to do that could you explain it to me? I find the whole forum setup strangely disorganized and counter-intuitive and I can’t figure it out at all.Thanks so much for your interest!

More here on post types:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/which-quot-conversation-type-quot-sho...

You should post an "idea" conversation type.

More on the forum organisation here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/combining-photoshop-amp-photoshop-mob...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/community-forum-consolidation/td-p/12...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

started to happen to me out of the blue. selected multiple times: dont ask again, but it didnt work. suddenly its fine, but the saving to cloud is on in the preferences...
[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that super annoying, too.

Luckily, there is an option to switch this off, under the preferences. You can choose your primary save as location and switch from cloud to local computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple "remember my preference" checkbox, like you used to have in the save window, would have been fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[remarks removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So please explain why Adobe thought it appropriate to change everybody's file save location preference without asking first?  I have zero interest in saving to the cloud.  Your solution is very simple (thanks!) but I shouldn't have been forced to waste my time fixing a problem that was basically forced on me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset Photoshop preferences to troubleshoot a problem. Then the first time I saved a file, Photoshop popped up a modal window extolling the benefits of saving to the cloud instead of locally.

Whatever product manager thought that was a good idea, please reconsider. We use your products in commercial production and don't want ads for new features to popup in the middle of working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lumigraphics 

You should only see that dialog once if you check

• on my computer
    and
  • don't show again

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also a new preference setting that lets you set the default location to On Your Computer instead of Creative Cloud.

Photoshop-preferences-Default-File-Location.jpg

Cloud-based editing is taking entire industries by storm because of significant production advantages for workgroups, which only grew during the pandemic. For example, it was why the company frame.io was so admired in the video editing space (whoever though collaborative video editing would be practical in the cloud? But it is) and then they were acquired by Adobe who is currently integrating their cloud service into Creative Cloud video apps. Cloud is huge now.

But that’s not how my clients work, so I have it set so that Photoshop doesn’t bug me about the cloud anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that setting. Photoshop 23.3.2 on Windows 10 Pro.

Screenshot 2022-05-19 123234.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have that setting. Photoshop 23.3.2 on Windows 10 Pro.

By @Lumigraphics 

I see it in Windows 10 (see picture below), but the difference might be explained in the Adobe help article Feature summary | Photoshop desktop (April 2022 release) where, under the heading “Preference improvement for saving new documents” it says:

Some of you will be able to see a potential update to the save workflow that you know today as we roll out the changes gradually to everyone. With this update, when you select Save As on a new document, you will see the cloud document picker dialog so you can save your files to Creative Cloud. Like today, you can still decide to save locally on your computer.

So it sounds like if you don’t see it yet, you will eventually…some day…

Photoshop-23.3.2-Preferences-File-Handling.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There is also a new preference setting that lets you set the default location to On Your Computer instead of Creative Cloud."

One of the issues I have with this is that I shouldn't have to go searching through the labyrinth of Photoshop's preference settings to switch off a setting I never selected in the first place. The program should remember all my settings and not make changes unless I specifically enable them.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, in that I actually do have the setting as an option, but that still doesn't make up for the fact that the folks behind Photoshop decided "for me" that I was going to be saving to the Cloud as a default setting. They need to leave my copy of the program alone. I should be the one deciding where I save my files to, not some guy at corporate who thinks he knows best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh my GOD thank you. This has been driving me crazy and killing my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening a few days ago where photoshop is ruining my workflow with an invasive popup "Save to creative cloud"

I select save on my computer > I even check "Don't show this again" and it still pops up every time. 

Is there a way to just disable this very annoying popup from ever appearing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem following the same steps as you. My solution to this bug-filled release is to return to the 2020 version. You would think Adobe has the knowledge to perform proper integration and system testing prior to a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@IanBrettCooper,

Constructive criticism is one thing.  Antagonistic disrespect towards Adobe and Adobe Community Professionals is quite another.  The software works as it does because operating systems have gone through radical changes in recent years.  And the OSs continue to change requiring software makers like Adobe to pivot and rapidly accommodate those changes the best way they can.  Are they perfect every time?  No, of course not. That's why your constructive feedback is welcomed but not when it's disrespectful to others.

I invite everyone to review Adobe's Support Community Guidelines:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/m-...

Thank you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to mention, consistently breaking things for your loyal and passionate photoshop users is the opposite of "being kind and respectful"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why we need an AI to moderate issues like this so that emotions and ego won't get in the way of solving the issue.

When multiple users complain and reason about a feature that shouldn't be there, a reasonable person will listen. 

I have raised several concerns about Adobe products and how the apps don't work with newer Intel hardware and drivers, and Intel will give you tools to diagnose the issues and the agent will closely work with their engineers and release updates that actually work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, the problem here is that Photoshop is disrespecting its customers with this "default save to the Cloud" nonsense. You seem to misunderstand the dynamic in this situation. We are their paying customers, and the old adage "The customer is always right" applies. They need to be nice to us, in order to keep us as their customers. If they consistently do this kind of thing, it turns customers away. You may not like it, but by calling attention to these problems, we are actually trying to help the company stay in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate