• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Both desktop and laptop computers Photoshop program are missing Stylize: Find Edges

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying an old art effect that is totally terrific.  It begins with layer 1 and Filter>Filter Gallery>Stylize> Find Edges.  That particular filter is missing on both of my computers.  I have a feeling that the last Photoshop update had something to do with its being missing as I used that technique back in July.  How would one get it back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Actually it should be Filter>Stylize>Find Edges

fedg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it should be Filter>Stylize>Find Edges

fedg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under Filter > Stylize > Find Edges on my computer. If you don't see it, you may need to reset preferences or uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could check this Preferences > Plugins setting is checked

clipboard_image_0.png

And if using an up to date version of CC, remember you have an excellent seach facility now.  

Click on the magnifying glass top right corner, and start typing

Even experts will have a rarely used function they need to track down very occasionally, and it saves a lot of time.

clipboard_image_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses. I had no clue about the search engine within Photoshop and lo and behold, find edges is there. Moving on, when I go back to Filter>Stylize>Find Edges, it still isn't there. I'm so happy to have it that I'll use the search feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what to do. On all three of my computers with Adobe (monthly subscription) the Filter > Stylize > Find Edges is missing. Yes, I can find it with search, but will that work when I want to write an action? I found the Filter Gallery.8bf under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Required\Plug-ins\Effects but that isn't something that I can go into and change. Any suggestions as to what to do now? And again, thank you for your great suggestions. And, by the way, I did the Filter and Extension Panels as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot of your Filter >Stylize menu

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I have it but don't find a way to send it. Private message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the blue reply button next to your first post and you will see an icon to attach an image

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stylize.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the menu from inside Filter Gallery. Come out of that altogether and in the Photoshop menus use Filter >Stylize >Find Edges

clipboard_image_0.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there it is, Dave. You're the first person to say that, so you win the big prize!! Thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - to be fair, Rob did post the same screenshot as mine in his first reply 🙂   No harm done though - glad it's sorted now

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, Rob. Rosanne doesn't always read directions thoroughly. ) ::

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Who's the Rob in this thread? You mean Jeff Arola?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines