• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't find the "Make Frames From Layers." in the menu

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in Photoshop cc trying to make a frame animation, but when I go to the menu in the top right corner of the Timeline there is no option for "make frames from layers". Does anyone know where to find this? I am in Motion workspace.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

You have one frame made from one layer  the frame has a character  in eight poses.  You want to brake up that layer into eight layers the character in one position and create eight frames.

Capture.jpgchar.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

The problem I had (and that I imagine everyone else is having here) is that when you open the timeline you see a drop down menu:

The interaction pattern that the rest of the Photoshop application has set is that when you select an option in a drop down, that is the final trigger (and if it is not the next action is very explicit) So as a user, I see the drop down, select "Create Frame Animation" (even though it was selected by default), and assume making that selection is the trigger:

But the patt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in the Timline frame animation panel Fly-out menu.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My layers are not showing in the Timeline and the menu looks nothing like your menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should. There should be one frame created when you click Create Frame animation in the Timeline panel. Then when you click make frame from layer the other frames will be created.

fa.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, with your help I backtracked to till I got there. Have a great day, you have made mine so much easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One frame is not being created when I click Create Frame animation in the Timeline panel and I'm unable to see the "Make Frames From Layers" shown in step 3 of the tutorial Create animated GIFs |

I have downloaded the files in this tutorial Create animated GIFs | thinking maybe there was something wrong with my .jpgs files

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 11.53.15 AM.png

I have tried the various solutions suggested above but unlike davet22479449 no luck.

Very frustrating

Please help

Atul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see the create frame animation button in your UI. It does not look like you clicked on it.  If you do that that button should be replaced with a frame animation....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely right JJMack - I saw the frame once I clicked on it. Thanks a ton.

Now I'm facing another problem -  I have chosen "Forever" as the looping option & it does loop forever in the  "save for web" dialogue box preview window. Once I've saved it & play it back in Chrome & Safari - it runs only once & not forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you having Chrone and Safari display the gif you saved frome your local file system or have you uploaded it to a server and are using the browsers to display that remote content?  On my windows machine my GIF loop in Chrome.

Scripting "save as animated GIF" in Photoshop using Gifsicle to set Loop=forever

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm checking from my local file system.

Strangely a second GIF I made from some other files is looping forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I select Window>Timeline> then go to the "create animation" window. I've tried dragging layers into the timeline box and nothing happens. II have my first frame highlighted (top layer) and this is where I'm stuck. Thanks!Screenshot 2017-11-05 00.00.31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screen capture show you have not created a Frame animation timeline yet. You need to click on that create Frame animation button to create one.  Then use the frame animation fly-out menu to make or create frames from layers to add your document layers to the frame animation as frames.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit late to th table on this one, but I will join the thank yous!

Wow a year and a half later, you'd think they'd at least put that in their tutorials.

Thanks! (And I will go to the link and register my dismay)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is really helpful. Solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a stupid-ass interface!!!!!  I'm glad that I am not the only one who had this problem.  IT IS NOT A DROP-DOWN LIST LIKE JUST ABOUT EVERY OTHER INTERFACE USES.  IT IS A DROP-DOWN-BUTTON-LIST THAT *NO ONE* *EVER* IN THE HISTORY OF COMPUTING USES. Alright, maybe I exaggerated, but it is horrifically frustrating for someone who has used computers since the dawn of the Atari 400 and rarely seen this after selecting an item from a drop-down list 253,213,234 times. It is not clear that once you pick an item from the drop-down list, that you again have to click a button.  It doesn't look enough like a button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users here only use Adobe UI like you.  You should let Adobe know what you think.  Most user here have their on opionions about Adobe  users interfaces.  Adobe has a site you use to give them your feedback.   Use this link Photoshop Family Customer Community

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yours was the most useful comment to me - I hadn't realised that the selection for 'create time frame animation' was a button that you had to press. As you say, not clear at all!  Thanks for alerting me to the problem, I was getting very frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! That is a confusing interface. They need to make a clear button. The design is confusing, 2 years later. Please help the people out, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To JJMack...

I've been online "awaiting" my turn with Adobe's chat line forever. Saw your post. Oh em gee; Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this is helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same problem. 😞  I changed the drop down, but where is this "button" you are speaking of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you for your help figuring this out from me too!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was my issue, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I seem to be having the same issues, when I opened all my layers into photoshop, then opened the timeline, I didn't see the first frame. What step am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When clicking Frame from layers It just saved a frame in the same layer next to the image, but it does not show in the Timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines