• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click the move tool but bounding box does not appear to edit/transform layer.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have been able to click the move tool and the bounding box appears and I can edit/transform size as needed for composites for sports banners (text, images. graphics).

The only way I can do it right now is hitting Ctrl T after selecting the layer. What happened? How do I get the old way back? This is adding an extra step and hoping there is a solution. 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. How do I get the Show Transform Control back on to my workspace?photoshop help.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. I just realized I have to click the 9 dotted box (pardon me for not knowing the correct name) next to layer. I guess on the last update it gave me that box. Anyway, I think I can now go back to my normal workflow.

You have to click the center dot to get access to the transform tool. I have no idea what the other dots do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @billh34662628 

The icon with nine points is the reference point locator. If you click in the center as you did, the transformations will be from the center, but you can scale or rotate (for instance) from the upper left point or the right center point if you click there first.

See this Help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/transforming-objects.html

Scroll down to the heading: "Set or move the reference point for a transformation"

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane!

Is there a way to get the Show Transform Controls option back like Trevor shows in his screenshot? Is it gone with the last update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @billh34662628 

"Show Transform Controls" is still in the options bar for the Move tool as in Trevor's screen shot. There are two things to check:

• Confirm you are on the Move tool
  • Go to Preferences > Interface > uncheck “Enable Narrow Options Bar” and restart your computer

If you need the narrow toolbar for space reasons, then the command will be squished down. You can find it with the tooltips or post a screen shot so we can assist.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I must have updated a lot later than you folks and this has only recently become an issue for me. The changes to transforming objects has been driving me nuts, so I really appreciate the solution. I now work on a volunteer basis, so it's difficult spending the time "relearning" PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Чувак ты просто лучший, такое простое действие, но нигде не мог его найти

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for asking that question. I have used ADOBE for years and such a simple thing that I had forgotten and was driving me nuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@coreyc15632836 

As soon as something starts driving you nuts, you can always start a new post and ask here. It might be a bug or it might be a change, but we can usually tell you.''

"Show Transform Controls" is now optional — it used to be required.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines