• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close Window not showing Up above the canvas on MacOS in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the newest version of Photoshop (23.3.2) on a new Macbook M1 Pro on OS 12..3.1 and when I try to close a file (either hitting the X or keyboard shortcut) the pop-up window asking whether I want to close and save, save as, Cancel, etc is hidden underneath the image canvas. 

I only figured this out by hitting the esc key and seeing the close window briefly flash on top of the canvas.  Until I hit esc,  I can't type or do anything in Photoshop and only getting the keyboard beep noise when typing.  I can try to use the trackpad shortcuts to see all windows and it still doesn't show up for me to select it manually. I have to esc out and then do a save-as or save.  All of the Close options in the menu do the same thing with the pop-up window.

I've used Photoshop for 20 years and I haven't ever had this problem happen. I looked in the preferences to see if I accidentally turned something on/off that would address this, but couldn't find anything. I think it's a bug.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a dual monitor setup? If so, maybe one of the solutions in this post might help:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm just on my laptop, single screen setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: Preferences > General > check: Use legacy "new document" interface. Fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try window >> Workspace >> Essentails (Default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's the first thing that I tried. Didn't make a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears others are having the same problem: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/dialog-pop-up-boxes-not-showing-up-in...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!! Please solve this ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Just bought a new mac M1 Pro and this is driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates? This is ruining  my workflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes same here. Randomly the dialog boxes stop appearing, except for a brief flash of a second upon hitting "Esc" Mac M1 Pro running latest version of MacOS. Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a pc and it is happening to me too. Has anyone found out a solution? This is so frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I literally can't get any projects done with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED: Preferences > General > check: Use legacy "new document" interface. Fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. I made sure there were no windows open in Photoshop. Otherwise, even the Preferences dialogue panel didn't open up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brandon you're a hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! 

Preferences > General > check: Use legacy "new document" interface.

..fixed it for me too. Was driving me crazy on an M1 Mac. Needs fixing Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy interface option is not working for me. 

i am using photoshop 2023 on macbook pro m1 pro.

i am using photoshop 2022 on my imac and it works just fine. although my i mac is intel based.

it's oct 2022 and there is still no fix??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into this issue almost daily on both PS2022 and PS2023. I have tried the suggested solutions including resetting my prefrences but this bug still persists. I am on a Mac Studio running Montery with a dual display setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines