Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1382 Replies 1382
1,381 Comments
New Here ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I'm not the only one with this problem, or maybe I am.

I just want to make a background for a sign in a 2D video game....

"You completed Level 1"

I typed "explosion" IMMEDIATELY BLOCKED BECAUSE IT'S OUT OF THE GUIDELINES

then I tried "triumphal fist" and the word FIST seems to be another IMMORAL OBJECT FOR THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THESE GUIDELINES.

I would understand "fist punching a woman" or "explosion destroying a city".... but why [cursing removed] you have to censor SINGLE WORDS??????

I just quit with this non sense, and will need to get the image browsing in the web, or with another AI image generator.... which is a waste of time.

THANK YOU ADOBE FOR MAKING IT HARDER THAN BEFORE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope I am not going to get into trouble for posting this?  The extent of prompt word censorship is definitely annoying, to the extent that it is close to unusable at times.  Note: I have not tried the workarounds in this link, but I rather think I'm going to have to going forward.

https://aicontentfy.com/en/blog/bypassing-ai-content-detectors-ingenious-techniques-revealed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 11, 2024 May 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes wonder how people coped before AI, say, two years ago....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU ADOBE FOR MAKING IT HARDER THAN BEFORE

Before when? 

Also: Please mind your manners. 

Something may appear incredible unreasonable to you but that does not mean the Forum Guidelines don’t apply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My manners? So now using the word "stupid" to refer to a guideline, which is an object, not against any person, is "against the guidelines"? I guess the forum is as heavily censored as the AI and word "stupid" is censored, no matter if it's not used to insult somebody. My message was perhaps cynical, but not unpolite.

Now regarding to your question, yes the AI is worse than before. Before AI, I just looked for a background in the web, downloaded it, used it and that's all. Now, with generative AI, I tried first "cartoon explosion"... then it was the annoying censorship... I wrote the feedback... tried again with "explosion".... same annoying censorship, wrote another feedback... tried "supernova", not censored, but the results were not as good as I liked. Then tried more things to soothe the word "explosion" like "water explosion", and some others I don't remember, all heavily censored. Then I thought about something else, and  imagined a fist like a sign of triumph. Used "triumphal fist".... the same annoying censorship...."fist showing victory"---> more censorship tried "fist"----> more censorship and realized it was the fault of the "super annoying immoral word fist". Wrote a final feedback, letting Adobe know that their cesnsorship is RIDICULOUS. And in the end, it was like before AI. Browsed for an image, downloaded one, inserted and adjusted it, just like in the old days before DUMB AI, but with the difference that it took double, because I wasted a lot of time dealing with the RIDICULOUS CENSORSHIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 14, 2024 May 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I asked you to mind your manners; your post was apparently neither removed nor (as far as I can tell) edited, so please stop misusing the word »censorship«. 

As for »censorship« with regard to Photoshop’s Generative AI features:

In the olden days would you have accussed a Stock Image site that did not offer images of explosions and fists of censoring you? 

If not then the argument that Generative Fill not creating images of those constitutes »censorship« would seem arbitrary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate