• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient to transparent does not work

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I try to apply a gradient with one side being transparent PS makes this side solid white (see below). Updating PS did not solve the problem. I am running on version 21.2.10 (Windows). Any ideas how to solve this?

Unbenannt.PNG

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Can you post screenshot of entire screen with Layers panel visible? Use Print Screen if you are on Windows and post that screenshot here.

Coolor to transparent will not produce color to checkerboard. Assuming that you are using Gradient Fill layer or applying Gradient to a new blank layer, if your underlying layer is solid white then you will see exactly what is on your screenshot above.

I think I found where is the problem. Please check Transparenz in the Options bar.

Christoph5CEC_0-1628499426953.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What is the Gradient Tool’s Blend Mode for example? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I see @Bojan Živković  spotted the responsible setting I had overlooked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As c.p. has suggested, we can only guess without seeing some context.  Especially what the underlying layers are, and what blend modes are used.  If you can demonstrate on a document with only the one layer, or the background turned off, then that will indicate there is an issue rather than something missed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post screenshot of entire screen with Layers panel visible? Use Print Screen if you are on Windows and post that screenshot here.

Coolor to transparent will not produce color to checkerboard. Assuming that you are using Gradient Fill layer or applying Gradient to a new blank layer, if your underlying layer is solid white then you will see exactly what is on your screenshot above.

I think I found where is the problem. Please check Transparenz in the Options bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah.. thanks man been looking ways to fix that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines