• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouped Layers Suddenly Disappear When Moving the Grouped Layer

Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone,

I've been experiencing this problem since the last Photoshop update. I have version 21.2.2 installed.

Anytime I move grouped layers inside folders in the layers panel, the entire group disappears or in some cases glitches out.  My temporary fix is toggle the show and hide option for the group.  Super annoying to deal with anytime I move a grouped layer, and it has negatively affected my workflow.

To make it easier for you to see the problem, you may view the following video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b6oCBK8ziI

My system specs are as follows:

Processor: 4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 4 GB

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!  Thanks, y'all!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Almost the same graphics card radeon r9 390x 8gb, but on windows 10. Thanks for showing toggle option, Jeffrey! I thought I'm losing my mind. Can't wait for solution.

Cheers,
Jack C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply!  I turned off that option and restarted Photoshop, but unfortunately the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I am using Mac mini with Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. I ended up reversed my Photoshop to the last version (20.0.10) and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, if not done allready, an update of graphics card can help (driver update,...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please update new version and graphic card driverUntitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
To solve this problem, just install the new version of Photoshop and restart your computer once
I also had this problem when I was taking photos of my personal site, which was fixed with the Photoshop update.

https://seyedalibagheri.com/

visit my site: https://seyedalibagheri.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated to latest version and I'm still having this issue.

how about you OP?

Very annoying glitch this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered two work arounds that make this bug go away (for the moment):

1. If you select multiple layers plus "Free Transform" and move, the layers will not disappear.
  2. If you select multiple layers while view your canvas at 66.7% and above, the layers will not disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any new solution to this?

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version are you using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been monitoring this issue for months in hopes the software we're all paying for gets fixed.

I just updated to 22.1.1, on Windows, and this major redraw bug still persists.

Doesn't matter if the "Use Graphics Processor" option in prefs is checked or not.

This issue renders the current version of Photoshop unusable for me. To get work done, I use 20.0.10.

The issue:

In certain common scenarios while simply moving multiple raster layers together with the Move Tool, those layers can completely or partially "disappear" - Photoshop decides to not draw them.

To reproduce the issue:

--Select multiple raster layers that are adjacent in the canvas and "alone" in the layer stack. (I know this sounds ambiguous - see video demo below.) Doesn't matter if they're in a layer group.

--Zoom out to 50% or further.

--Move selected layers with Move Tool.

--Layers (in some cases) may stop being drawn correctly and user must make a change or alter zoom level in order to see them again.

4 minute recording of issue occurring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz4iNM05HdY

Notice the zoom level and actions taken and what results you see on the canvas.

Photoshop's redraw/caching operations have gone horribly awry in certain cases. Similar to layer styles changing in appearance per your zoom level (yet another bug that remains unfixed).

All "workarounds" posted are not workarounds at all - they're massive workflow compromises and are not remotely acceptable for any serious, paying Adobe customer who needs Photoshop to function as expected in order to get work done.

Wouldn't it be nice if Photoshop functioned as well as the recent, pretentiously gimmicky, overly-idealized Adobe Cloud ad compaigns suggest it does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot reproduce the issue so far but have you posted a report over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and nothing is helping. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry c.pfaffenbichler, I failed to notice your reply (wasn't notified I don't think).

Because 22.4.2 still hasn't resolved this problem, I did as you suggested as created a new Photoshop Family post.

Why do we need two totally separate feedback sites again??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with 22.4.1

So annoying.

With the amount of money I pay every month for this software, you would THINK that Adobe would resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the amount of money you pay every month for this software, one might think that you would want to provide meaningful inormation if you post about a Photoshop-problem. 

What have you done for trouble-shooting? Are there any common specifics to the affected files? What are the OS, GPU etc,? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, posting here on this string means that I have tried all of the workarounds. There should not be workarounds. As everyone has stated, it should be fixed. I have been using Photoshop since 1993. Probably, longer than you have been alive. I am very good at troubleshooting. This is not something that I feel like creating workarounds for; thank you very little.

Files...

All files, new, old, ALL

As for OS...

Well, it ranges. I have 21 team members on Macs, Mac Laptops, Windows Machines, and Windows Laptops.

I am in no mood to post every machine I own in my company for a wise-ass like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»Obviously, posting here on this string means that I have tried all of the workarounds.«

Do you assume everyone else can guess what you chose not to actually express verbally? 

»I have been using Photoshop since 1993. Probably, longer than you have been alive.«

Airing uninformed assumptions does not seem useful, maybe rethink that approach. 

Did any of the work-around make any difference? 

As the issue does not affect all Photoshop users and as it apparently happens on all your OS/Hardware combinations (if I understand correctly) is there any unifying component? 

(Whether Adobe could even »fix« that is another question.)

Have you added your support to an existing Bug Report over on 

Photoshop Family

or added one if none meets your circumstances?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let's start with you are a bully!

Do you assume everyone else can guess what you chose not actually to express verbally?

Yup! When posting in a string that I did not start, absolutely. I search for the problem, read the whole string, say too bad nobody figured it out, yup, I have the problem too. Nothing more to add. It is the best way to keep things simple. Don't overcomplicate the string by posting the same information over and over, unless it is to say, I have the same issue. The only reason I would do that is I would want to be like a bully and try to act like I know more than them. If there are enough people with the same issue, maybe Adobe will fix it. It is and has always been assumed when someone posts, me too, the same problem or anything else concurring with the original poster that they are experiencing the same bug. I don't get paid to troubleshoot software. My development team does, but they didn't write this software.

Back to you bullying me issue:

Do you just troll these boards to bully and terrorize Adobe Customers? You like to feel important, so you troll through these boards and try to belittle people rather than help. Does it make you feel better about yourself? Sad. I looked at other strings you have been on and you have the same arrogant demeanor in all of them. You try to act like everyone is beneath you. You want people to feel like they did something wrong. None of them did. Just you, the bully. Nobody is beneath you, just your own brain that you have been sitting on too long. You are a bully in all sense of the terms. I noticed you attacked me because I talked about money. Not anyone else who replied, me too (see below). You should get out in the real world and stop bullying people from behind your keyboard. You are not making these boards feel safe or helpful. Bullies and are not liked. Enjoy your day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You call my posts bullying but you feel free to voice baseless assumptions like »I have been using Photoshop since 1993. Probably, longer than you have been alive.« (and others)? 

Feel free to report my posts as abusive if you really think your behaviour was appropriate and mine was not. 

I have to say, though, that I am impressed that you did the research and checked out other posts of mine; obviously I disagree on your interpretation of them, but as already stated, feel free to appeal to Forum moderation if you consider it indicated. 

»When posting in a string that I did not start, absolutely.«

My observation on these Fora seems to indicate that many people add posts to existing threads without having gone through the advice already outlined. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c.pfaff has been nothing but a boon to this community due to his knowledge.

You must have missed that one guy that was here a few years back. I forgot his username (and I wished I remembered it) but c.pfaff is quite tame compared to him. He was a very knowledgable guy on Photoshop but very short on patience. (Maybe understandably so due to people thinking we're mind readers. I've know I've had my share of posts where I'm trying to divinate what a user is trying to tell me.)

The one bit of advice I always like to give: Be thorough with us. Yeah, it's a PITA to document what's been going on bug-wise, but everyone is helped when you tell us what you've done to cover the bases. Even better is when users can show us what's going on, either with a video and/or screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's honestly not that easy. (See: What Apple has done with saving documents and Adobe having to apply that across the board, Windows users included. I don't know if you've seen the "what happened to my Save As" bedlam lately. It hasn't been pretty. And that's not even a bug.) We in the Prerelease program try diligently to report everything we see when bugs hit the fan but even we can't catch everything because not all of us uses Photoshop the same way other users do.

And then there's the recent infamous GPU not being detected issue. I have no clue why but someone with the same exact GPU as mine could not get it detected by Photoshop, whereas I had zero problems, try as I might to repro it. Some got it sorted by updating drivers; some didn't. Some got it sorted by disabling the secondary GPU in their laptop; some didn't. (It's always been the case that Photoshop doesn't like two GPUs present but this brought it to another level.) Just about everyone got it solved by the incremental update. (My guess is that something went kablooey in Preferences but I don't know how or why it triggered.)

Photoshop has a way of exploiting weaknesses all the way down the line. The huge majority of problems I've seen so far with Photoshop Mac users is display driver issues. I don't know why but what makes it even more maddening is Mac users have zero control over display drivers; they're stuck with what Apple gives them until they themselves fix it. I honestly don't know why they deal with that but I digress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also Facing the same issues while creating logo for my website. If any one help me to resolve this issue how to do this and resolve this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines