• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP: Draw straight line in photoshop (ipad pro)

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, recently started using Photoshop in my iPad Pro but I cannot find the way of making straight lines, like the ones you get when using Brush tool and holding down SHIFT. Is there a way to do the same in iPad?

[iPadOS tag added by moderator]

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Since your question is about Photoshop for iPad, I have moved this from the Photoshop forum for you.
~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to where???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the forum or the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not an option to do that yet, but it's coming 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fail. When?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GaraPersona said: "Fail. When?"

Hi

We will find out the "when" when Adobe makes the announcement. Anyone who knows now is under NDA and would not be allowed to say.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also thinking of drawing a straight line in photoshop for iPad Pro. But it has been about 2 years since Jane posted her reply. Is this function available now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dave Wong CS wrote:

But it has been about 2 years since Jane posted her reply. Is this function available now?

Not that I can see! 😕

One thing that has changed in the two years is that the feedback forum has merged with the user forum. To make a feature request you can use this forum and tag it as "Idea" and "iPadOS".

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/1238...

I found these posts that are similar:

I filtered to iPadOS and Ideas and do not see one for using Shift with the Brush tool to make a straight line. If you make a feature request, please post the link to this thread as well.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I have made the feature request here. Please vote for it.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/drawing-a-straight-line-using-photoshop-on-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cast the first vote!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use Morpholio. I have been waiting for this feature and have had no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried placing a ruler or something similar with a straight edge and using it as a guide the same as you would on paper?... just a thought 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines