• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW to DISABLE "Extras" in photoshop, it keeps appearing even when I disable it!!

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANPE_0-1598801152940.png

THIS IS SO ANNOYING to see these edges ALL THE TIME!
I cannot be going to "View > Extras" over and over again! HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Make sure You Display device driver and system software are up to date and you do not have use Legacy Compositing performance section checked. Reset all Photoshop Tools.

Make sure your move tool option bar is not set to show Transform controls.

If this does not fix your issue try resetting your Photoshop.  Extras should not be part of your image and the should be able to be hidden and set not to be displayed. Are you using a PC or Mac?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oooh i'm sorry. Effectivly i don't speak about the same problem. Sorry !!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has really become very annoying in recent versions of photoshop: the blue extras outlines appear by themselves even after I switch them off (Ctrl+H). For this reason I uninstalled beta (white) photoshop and used version 25.6, but after the update these annoying blue extra lines appeared in it too.
Where is Legacy Compositing performance section in Photoshop 25.7.0 ?
I've been working in photoshop since 2000 and I don't remember such annoying stuff. Now we are advised to update the driver, reset the settings. Are you seriously?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've figured it out. I would have deleted my previous post, but I can't seem to do that.
However, in previous versions, «Show Transform Controls» did not switch on by itself, and there was no problem with it.
I didn't intentionally switch it on.

viktorc92663764_2-1714152777390.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2024 May 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the latest version, the show transform tool Adobe seems to have moved the checkbox to here.  See image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines