• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get same background on both the images?

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I´m working on a project with two photos with two different statues. I would like ex_2.jpg to have the same weathering as ex_1.jpg so they are matching. Colour matching and all that is no problem. I´d like to have the same stains on ex_2.jpg as in ex_1.jpg. Does anyone have a way to do this?

ex_1.jpgex_2.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy various pieces of the demon and paste them on to the angel.

capture-01.jpg

Change the blending mode of the pasted pieces to create the desired look.

capture-02.jpg

You will need to feather the edges of the pasted in pieces. You could do this crudely using the Eraser tool. You would be better off doing this non destructively by applying a mask and then painting over the edges in black with a soft brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

Which version of Photoshop are you using? From what I understand, you want the same type of sky/ background on both images.

You can try out swapping the skies. Here's the tutorial on how you can do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYwY5pIyEMs

You can also check this: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/replace-sky.html.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I understand, you want the same type of sky/ background on both images.

By @Ranjisha Sengupta

That is not what RexRon wants to do.

RexRon wants the statue in the second picture to look old like the statue in the first picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That´s correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following isn't a solution but rather another factor to consider in your retouching.

The clouds in the first image provided a diffused source of light which produced soft shadows. The absence of clouds in the second image resulted in a harsh source of light which produced strongly defined shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your replies! Peru Bob is righ. Below are couple of pics of where I am in the prosess. I´d like the angel to be as crappy looking as the demon 🙂 

By the way, I have the latest version of Photoshop.

angel.jpgdemon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy various pieces of the demon and paste them on to the angel.

capture-01.jpg

Change the blending mode of the pasted pieces to create the desired look.

capture-02.jpg

You will need to feather the edges of the pasted in pieces. You could do this crudely using the Eraser tool. You would be better off doing this non destructively by applying a mask and then painting over the edges in black with a soft brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I concidered that but hoped there an was easier way that I didn´t know about.

Anyway, thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Happy to have helped. Best of luck with the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines