• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert EXIF date time data on photo using Photoshop CS5.5

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2014 Oct 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any script or function available in photoshop CS5.5 which can help me in inserting date time from EXIF onto the photograph.

An automated solution which can do multiple images at once will be preferable.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scripting in Photoshop didn't happen until Photoshop CS. Other than getting into programing language, I doubt there is much you can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, there was scripting available in PS7 but there wasn't any ScriptUI until the next rev, PS 8 (aka PSCS). There were a lot of other things that were missing, too, but people were still writing code for PS7.

As for inserting EXIF Date/Time onto an image, several people have written code to do this, I just don't have any links handy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use an action the use a script to add a text layer containing EXIF Information. The Action could then position the layer over the image using Photoshop align layers to selection and also style the layer like set the fill to 0 and add effects like drop shadow and and emboss to make it transparent. You could modify a script like this one.  It would be easy the format the text layer for the content you want. on the image.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/StampExif.jsx

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can something like this is created as an action when PS reads the data from the photo metadata itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before proceeding further, it is to be highlighted that the version being referred to is Photoshop CS5 Extended which is actually Photoshop Version 12.1 and is a part of Adobe Master Collection CS5.5. A screenshot of the version information is attached below for information.

photoshop_version12.1.jpg

Hence, I dont understand the concern expressed by many about the lowest version eligible for scripting being available in the product.

My version is in effect 12.1 and not 7 or 8.

Accordingly someone may advise on what script to use for inserting the EXIF data onto the image. I also want that the positioning of the text is predetermined and same for a batch of images required to be processed. I dont want to fix the position of text for each individual image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read my append and xbytor2 append.  There are many Scripts that add some  EXIF date to images.  Most do it by adding a text layer. An action could use such an script to add the text layer then position and style the text layer. If you have many different size and resolution images files you need a script that will set a good  font size for the image being processed.  Such an action can be batched. You can search the web for these script or modify the one I posted for you.

A  Photoshop script can even your default web browser on google maps for the image's location if there GPS info is in the images EXIF.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting old and small type. Looked like ps 5.5. No problem scripting to get EXIF info into photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines