• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove paint in photo

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! can someone help me erase the black paint in the photo? 

received_701944630332877.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

No. On a single layered image there are just black pixels in that area. There is nothing else to reveal.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. On a single layered image there are just black pixels in that area. There is nothing else to reveal.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I blame hollywood. I regularly get people asking me to do things like this, obviously based on the impression one gets in movies and TV shows of how "zoom and enhance" works. A photo taken in a darkened room at night that is essentially solid black with a faint grey smear, and not only do they want to see the person's face, but they inform me the person was looking away from the camera. Clearly I should find a single-pixel reflection on spoon somewhere in the unlit room and extrapolate the image of their face from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove red paint

IMG-20230111-WA0006.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We get a lot of requests like this, but when we are dealing with screen shots from smart phones, tablets etc. it is not like when someone draws over existing text with a pen or marker.  Like Dave has said, those devices replace existing pixels with black pixels, so there is literally no information in the image to work on.  As far as I know, in all the years I have been a regular user here, we have never ever managed to reveal redacted text from a smart phone/tablet etc. screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do indeed Trevor. What the poster really needs is the cellphone redaction removal tool :

Cellphone.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis wrote:

As far as I know, in all the years I have been a regular user here, we have never ever managed to reveal redacted text from a smart phone/tablet etc. screen shot.

I think we saw some success in this thread, Trevor:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-97-red...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20230313-221617.png

 please help me remove the paint so I can get the numbers 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please help me remove the paint so I can get the numbers 

By @Jo28857792ndxs

Read the answer from Dave that is marked as correct to learn why this is impossible and cannot be done.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines