• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to separate labels from a template?

Mentor ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I kinds sorta clunk my way around PS-- have the latest version installed.   I am an expert at Photoshop Elements so that helps a bit. 

I bought a template set of labels to practice with.  I understand layers.  I can fully edit the labels.

Is there a relatively simple way to isolate / group all the parts of one of the labels and export / create a new psd file with just the label I just edited? 2022-11-19_164743.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309 – Try the following script:

File > Export > Layers to Files... and tick the Trim Layers checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been strugglin' with this:  I dont' see a "trim layers" checkbox anywhere, plus, I see this, regardless of what I check or set up.   I've looked in other simliar discussions and some had issues because there was a layer locked, typically a background layer.    I do as you suggested, the script runs and I always get this warning.  2022-11-20_034400.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trim layers will appear if you choose a file format that accepts transparency, like PNG

See below:

Imaginerie_0-1668951768790.png

One way to choose what to export in this scenario is to make the layers you don't want exported as hidden. (visible layers only)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't aware of that, thank you.   I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping to automate the creation of separate psd files for each label using previous suggestions--- this way is a bit clunky but seems to work ofr me right now. 

2022-11-20_070742.png2022-11-20_070921.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Imaginerie wrote:

The trim layers will appear if you choose a file format that accepts transparency, like PNG

PNG supports transparency, but it does not support layers and is not a good choice here. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know 🙂 I was just adding some clarification for the "trim layers" option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't thought about that, thanks. I'm pretty happy clunking through the labels. 
Almost makes it look like I know what I'm doing. 

second logo.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is one Label per Group, then perhaps a script like Layer Saver from here will work for you:

(Layer Sets are the same as Groups)

https://github.com/Paul-Riggott/PS-Scripts

The Layer Saver.jsx would go in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Presets\Scripts

then in photoshop it would be under

File>Scripts>Layer Saver

Screenshot-(1023).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will dive into this during the next few days-  thanks.   I did purchase this tempate set to practice and learn from- I knew it would be a struggle for me, but that's part of the learning process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines