• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Can't Save any file in photoshop (photoshop popup window blank)

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i am going to press Command+S or File > Save As, Then i can't save that file.. Because it is showing a blank popup window. please help me.

Also i can't find the Default file save as location option on Preference > File Handling setting.

I NEED HELP

Using Mac Os

Photoshop Version 24.0.0

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps, the most recent of Photoshop is 24.2.0

2023-03-19 13_23_52-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 8.49.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i couldn't find this option 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot. Would you mind updating Photoshop to the latest version? You may try resetting Photoshop preferences back to defaults and check if that helps. Here's the article for the steps: https://adobe.ly/3ceal5t.

Also, back up the existing Photoshop preferences if you have any custom brushes, action, and workspace: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know if that helps.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find that option either. I have Photoshop 25.0.0 and Mac Monterey. I get a blank popup window when I try to save too. I didn't change the Photoshop defaults for this category of preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can't save or save as or save a copy after making any changes to a file in Photoshop 2024 with Mac Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Marie32364781metv thats not normal. What happens when you try to save? Do you get an error, does the screen come up blank, etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a blank screen that pops up. No matter how long I wait, nothing happens. This is for Photoshop 2024.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ann Marie32364781metv this is a different issue than this post. I'm going to move your post to a similar thread with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I didn't see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue... is there a solution for it @kevin stohlmeyer (Dec 4, 2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2023 Dec 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jewels805 update to 25.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer  Thank you for the quick reply 🙂 I am in fact, already running 25.2! Any other suggestions that may help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jewels805 Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossibile salvare un file di Photoshop, la finestra di salvataggio è complatmente nera e non si può fare nulla.

Release 25.0.0 su macOS Ventura 13.2

Screenshot 2023-09-21 alle 12.54.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/i-can-t-save-any-file-in-photoshop-ph...

=====================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same thing (blank popup window). PS 2024 will not Save, Save As, or Save a Copy in Mac Monterey OS 12.6.9 (and my computer can’t update higher than that). After editing a file, I now have to export it; however, the options of file types are limited to PNG, JPEG, and GIF. This doesn't help me when I need a TIFF or PS file saved. It's only a partial workaround but it may help for some files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few days after I posted this, Photoshop miraculously worked as normal. Maybe something updated? But I didn't see and evidence of that. It still says it's the 25.0.0 release. I'm still on Mac Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've experienced job loss twice because of this issue. You might wonder why it happened twice; the problem was that Photoshop was failing to save certain files. Just as I was about to lose hope, I stumbled upon a solution on Reddit. Unfortunately, I couldn't provide credit to the person who shared it due to not being able to copy the link. So, here's an enhanced version of the solution I found. I hope it helps you avoid similar troubles.
1. Quit Photoshop

2. For Mac go to
~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 202x Settings/
And for PC go to
C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 202X

3. Make a backup of Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings, The latest version you currently use.

4. Delete the contents in Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings.

5. Copy the contents of Adobe Photoshop 202Y Settings into Adobe Photoshop 202X.

6. Or you can delete the whole directory, copy the old one there, and then rename it to the last version, for example, Adobe Photoshop 2023 to Adobe Photoshop 2024.

7. Open Photoshop, Cross your fingers and toes, and hope this solution does the magic! If not, well, maybe we can all collectively blame Photoshop's mischievous gremlins. ☺️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines