• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to make fill of shape blur?

Enthusiast ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we create a shape, there will be fill and stroke. We can set the color, gradient, opacity of fill of shape.

But is it possible to make this fill blur? Like glass? thanks.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Another way would be, after making the shape and applying a stroke, you could add a layer mask with gray over the shape but nott the stroke. The darker the gray in the mask the less opaque the shape will be. Like this:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Add a glass layer style to your your Shape layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi one simple hack is you can make separate shape and stroke i think this is only easy way...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a glass layer style to your your Shape layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJMack, hi, what do you mean with Glass Layer style? where is it located? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe install many Layers styles in Photoshop and you can create and add your own layer styles to Phptoshop's Style Palette.  You should not have any problem creating and adding a Layer style that will add the effects you want added to your shape layers.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way would be, after making the shape and applying a stroke, you could add a layer mask with gray over the shape but nott the stroke. The darker the gray in the mask the less opaque the shape will be. Like this:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @lambiloon and @Barbara Ash 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer Styles should do what you are after, but if you can show us an example we can give you a better answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks @Trevor.Dennis , here is what i mean :

Aisya.jpg

I just want to create a "fill blur" like picture. I should create too much layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Select the area you want blurred.

-Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur

-Adjust the sliders as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leslie Moak Murray , what i mean is like this picture:

Aisya.jpg

i have an image, i want to add a shape layer with blurred transparancy. For now, as what i know i should created compleks layers. Is it possible to just create the "fill" of shape layer "blurred transparency".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but the shape must be rasterized first.  You select the shape layer, then go Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Before it does anything, it will ask you if you want to rasterize the shape (and it tells you you can't apply the blur if you don't do that).  Is there some reason the blur has to be a shape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya @Leslie Moak Murray , i have tried below :
aaaa.jpg

Rasterized shape, then add Gaussian blur, but when i try to reduce transparency, the image still not like what i want. What i want is like below :

bbbb.jpg

Look, to make this, i should create duplicate layer, then clipping mask to shape and bla bla bla,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

-duplicate the layer with the girl

-Make a selection larger than the blurred area will be

-select around the area you want to blur by using the Rounded Rectangle shape (or whatever one you want)

-on the shape, with the pen tool selected, go Select>Inverse and cut away the rest of the selected area that was outside of the shape

-If there's too stark a difference between the blur and the rest of the image, take a large soft brush and erase on the duplicate girl layer so as to blend it in.

-Merge the 2 girl layers

I'm doing this in my head so I hope I didn't skip a step or anything - I can do step by step screenshots a little later if you like.

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could do this:

Make a duplicate of the layer you wish to apply the blur to. Add your shape between them, and be sure it has a solid fill. Select the duplicate layer, and Alt+Ctrl+G to create a clipping group with the shape. Blur the duplicate layer; if you make it a Smart Object first, you can change the amount of blur later.

Semaphoric_0-1640542428069.png

Now if the Shape layer is selected, you can use the move tool to reposition it, and the blur will follow:

BlurShapeLeft.jpg

BlurShapeRightt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines