• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to disable the loading splash screen in 2023 version of photoshop?

Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually like the splash screens that load when opening the program, however this version's graphic creeps me out and looks unsettling just seeing a bright red face with eyes but nothing else, so I rather not see it when opening the program. Is there a way to do this other than look away as soon as I click the icon?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

@BugFolk 

No, the splash screen cannot be disabled. I've yet to hear of anyone who likes this one. You can upvote and comment here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-allow-customization-hiding-of-the-splash-screen/idi-p/12249454 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BugFolk 

No, the splash screen cannot be disabled. I've yet to hear of anyone who likes this one. You can upvote and comment here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-allow-customization-hiding-of-the-splash-... 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold CTRL key when clicking to open. AFAIK it has been like this for several years. I just tried it twice and it still appears to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still shows the image if I hit control while loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to hold the control key down as it is opening. If you just press the Ctrl key then let PS open you will get the splash screen. Years ago they use to place what was referred to as an Easter Egg. If my memory is correct holding the Ctrl key or Ctrl _Shift opened a little zany embellishment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I have also tried it on my laptop. If I just hit the Ctrl key it will open the splash screen. Holding Ctrl key I see the app open on the Task Bar where I can access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For grins thought I would see if they still incl Easter Eggs in PS. 

https://petapixel.com/2017/11/22/photoshop-cc-easter-eggs-monkey-banana-coffee-toast/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update on an enigma with the spalsh screen. The other day in responding to bypassing the hideous screen when PS opened. I was able to bypass the screen on my desktop and laptop by holding the Ctrl key when opening PS. Now when opening on my desktop I get the same black block ILO the splash screen.  On my laptop I am not able to bypass the splash screen. Will have to wiat to try on another machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's too difficult to hide the splash screen if you open Photoshop on its own. Then it's supposedly just a question of adding a -nosplash suffix to the .exe properties (sorry, can't recall the details).

The problem (for me at least) is that I never open Photoshop that way. I always open it by opening files from Bridge (or Explorer, for that matter). Then that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually opened PS from Explorer and Creative Cloud apps screen when trying to bypass the spalsh screen. When using LrC I send the pic directly over. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those wondering, it is this I don't wish to see. I mean as a one time view okay, but not every time I open the program.20230313_164744[1].jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Splash Screen is pretty out there, but there have been a few previous examples that pushed our cringe factors close to breaking point.  With no way to hide them via software, I created this device that takes an old school approach, but it didn't actually go into production 😉

image.png

@D Fosse  I can't remember why you are featured so strongly, but it might be because the Eizo screen with its shield lent itself to the mechanics of the Splash Screen Eliminator.  Do you still look that young?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄

OMG, Trevor, that looks like it was designed by someone who makes torture instruments as a day job....

Do you still look that young?

Probably not, but there's a much cooler portrait on our website now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night, I updated all my CC apps, and today, Photoshop has the old car sunset screen back, which I like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have a unique version of PS 24.2.1 I do not see a Splash Screen when opening. Not sure if this is bc running dual monitors? Logic tells me this is not the case. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have a unique version of PS 24.2.1 I do not see a Splash Screen when opening. Not sure if this is bc running dual monitors? Logic tells me this is not the case. 

By @westdr1dw

There is a way to disable the splash screen when launching the application directly from the taskbar icon or start menu. It involves adding a "-nosplash" prefix/suffix somewhere in the .exe properties (don't recall exactly where).

This does not work when opening the application by opening an image file. Then there is absolutely no way to not have a splash screen. Dual monitors is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried it both ways from an image, and from Creative Cloud shell. I do not get a Splash Screen when launching PS. If lifes lesson has taught me nothing else, when it comes to software or electromics there are no absolutes. I could share the number of encounters where engineers were left scratching their head trying to understand why the situation was not the outcome based on expectations. However will spare everyone. 

In any case appreciate your active involvement in support to the user. This is awesome and represents Adobe very well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, consider yourself lucky then. People have been screaming for no splash for years, the answer has always been that it's hard-wired and not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the question first posted I chedcked both my laptop and desktop. Holding the Ctrl key down I was able to bypass the splash screen. A few days later after it was posted you are not able to bypass the splassh screen I tried again. Now my desktop completely bypasses the splash screen regardless of launching. However, my laptop is just the opposite. I am not able to bypass the splash screen. I am not able to explain how/why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same yesterday. I do feel a little bad for the previous artist, but they likely have other work that is less uncanny valley that can bve featured if adobe desires. But yes the car splashscreen returning is a relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes there is through the combination of the registry and creating a shortcut for the start menu.
For the start menu you want to create a shortcut and add -NoSplash to the end of the target as shown here, "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2023\Photoshop.exe" -NoSplash.
For the images you click directly on such as .png , .jpg, .psd ... You will need to modify the registry and assuming you installed to the default location you can just copy and paste my entries into a .reg file and double click and it will change the settings so when double clicking on a image the splash screen does NOT pop up. No modifications of Photoshop needed and easily reversible.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\Photoshop.exe\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop 2023\\Photoshop.exe\" \"%1\" \"-NoSplash\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\adbps\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop 2023\\Photoshop.exe\" \"%1\" \"-NoSplash\""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\adbps\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\psd_auto_file\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Photoshop.Image.25\shell\open\command]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines