• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

M: Where did my basic custom shapes go

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest version of Photoshop CC 2019.  I select custom shape (I want to create a talk bubble) but my basic shapes seem to be gone.  All I get is Tree Leaves, Wild Animals, Boats and Flowers...what gives? I tried to reset default shapes and it just gave me the same choices.

ShapeTool.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Hi

Open the Shapes panel (Window >Shapes). Click at the top right of the panel and in the drop down menu choose "Legacy Shapes and More"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Click on Window in the main menubar, then select "Shapes." In the flyout menu, select "Legacy shapes and more." Find the folder where the shapes that you want are in, and select them from there.

shapes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Open the Shapes panel (Window >Shapes). Click at the top right of the panel and in the drop down menu choose "Legacy Shapes and More"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dave, seems to have done the trick...funny thing in PS 2020, but you gave the solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow-up, this is the shape picker I cannot find:

photoshop-custom-shape-picker.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave mentioned

shape1.png

shape2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. I've done everything mentioned and can not find an option for "Legacy Shapes and more" What am I missing. I am using Photoshop 2022 and I'm tired of wasting my time looking for things that used to be there for the past 10 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patriciamcgrath1270 wrote:

Help. I've done everything mentioned and can not find an option for "Legacy Shapes and more" What am I missing. I am using Photoshop 2022 and I'm tired of wasting my time looking for things that used to be there for the past 10 years.

What version do you have open (not installed)? The Shapes panel (Window menu, not options bar) with Legacy Shapes and More in the panel menu was introduced with PS 2020.

Show a screen shot if you don't see it.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be helpful to search for this exact YouTube video called: Adobe Photoshop 2022 - Where to find (legacy) shapes, published by YouTube user Ramon van Bedaf. 

(I don't know if I can post YouTube links here and don't wish to risk sending my post to moderation for that reason.)

On a related note, it might be nice if Adobe simply moved anything "legacy" automatically into our Creative Cloud library so we aren't relying on the actual Photoshop app user interface to find them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might bee too late but I had the same issue as you until I did the following. Go to the menu, then Window>shapes. Once that box is there you will only see options for useless things like animals and what not, but lick on the three lines at the top right of that little box. There should be an option to select legacy shapes and then you'll have it in your selection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the typos, that was rough to read through myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my previous post . To add the legacy shapes use Window >Shapes panel

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found my shapes, thank you Dave.  Now I seem to not be able to adjust where the point is pointing.  I want the point on the left, but I can't seem to drag the vectors about.  Any suggestions?

bubble.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the anchor point with the direct selection tool

shape3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ged says - use the direct selection tool (white arrow)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that but it only moved the entire shape.  But then I clicked inside the image and the anchor points became active.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first draw the shape all the anchor points will be active, just click once on the anchor point you want to move with the direct selection tool so that point is the only active one and then click again to drag

All active points are blue, non active are white

All anchor points active

2019-11-21 16_40_50-Untitled-1 @ 118% (Talk 9 1, RGB_8) _.png

Only one active anchor point

2019-11-21 16_41_11-Untitled-1 @ 118% (Talk 9 1, RGB_8) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have several shapes with the shapes tool, even basic ones such as arrows, stars etc... but in

Photoshop 2020, I don't find them anymore.

​Are they still there? and how can I get them back?

I check the panel and there is no options to load.

Also, I tried to reset to default but it loads several times the same folders and can't even delete them?

Do you have a link to download them again (for free) so I can import them back?

And how can you delete a shape folder if the option is grayed out?

thank you

[Thread merged by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on Window in the main menubar, then select "Shapes." In the flyout menu, select "Legacy shapes and more." Find the folder where the shapes that you want are in, and select them from there.

shapes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this answer. What a curious decision to replace the default shapes that have been there since before I can remember with a selection of trees and boats. Why not just leave the "legacy" shapes in there by default in their own tidy folder so people don't have to scratch their heads and go to help forums? 

Anyway, thanks again for the insight. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You 🙏 you saved me a lot of time !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the things that software developers (generally) do, never ceases to amaze me.  Why on earth, would Adobe not have put the legacy shapes as default in the dropdown selector?  Why?  Yet another waste of my time trying to figure out what went wrong!  I'm guessing that developers at Microsoft and Adobe are one and the same thing, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have done everything here and see the legacy folder but it does not open import or anything. I clicked in the four lines, I right click on the folder. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kathy K. 

Can you please show a screenshot of your Shapes panel (Window menu > Shapes) with the panel menu open and the Legacy Shapes folders expanded?

0CF92C98-F90E-4D26-A790-9E7B6BD2B8E1.jpeg

`Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot1.jpg

Like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines