• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Old Photoshop Shapes

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, how do I restore my legacy shapes in Photoshop 2020? I'm missing the basics shapes such as arrows, bubbles, etc

I deleted my older version of Photoshop assuming the new version would already include them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Click to open the Shapes panel menu, and choose Legacy Shapes and More. That will add preset groups to the Shapes panel. Then expand or reorganize the preset groups so that you can get to the shapes you want in a way that's most efficient for you. For example, you might choose to move your favorite shapes into a group that you keep at the top of the panel list.

UPDATE: If you can’t open the Shapes panel menu because it is not there, that menu appears only in the Shapes panel (choose Window > S

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand why these aren't just available as a default.  Is there any real reason for it, or is it just another inexplicable Adobe-style decision? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, I completly missed that, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Team,

Can you please keep it simple, why do you need to remove it in the normal/default menu/panel and put all in a folder under a folder and another folder!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY does Adobe do these things????

I use a grid shape all the time to set up warps on smart objects, but no! I need a folder full of flowers and boats! That's what the world really needs!

I should bill them every time they wreck my workflow, change default buttons, and take away features that have been consistent for the last decade with no way to revert. /rant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option in the window panel, either.  Just this big old empty window. Please help!shapes window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the little "hamburger" menu in the top right on that panel. Open up the legacy shapes. You can yank them out of that sub-folder if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should bill them every time they wreck my workflow............. if only..... I could retire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree....  what used to be a simple click to get to a large variety of shapes is now a completely unnecessary SERIES of steps to get to a large variety of shapes.  And the ''default'' is trees and boats????  WTF???  Why does Adobe feel that it's necessary to make simple things more complicated/convulated???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This is very helpful. I wish the shapes were visible instead of the list of folders, but at least they're accessible now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news to you then! You can drag them out of the folders or make new folders. Customize it as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet! Thank you! You brightened my day. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again Photoshop shipped with live bugs and relied on the community to be the bug testers.
Sort it out Photoshop team!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why mine either doesn't  have "Legacy shapes... " option? I have been trying to figure that out for hours and still don't know how to get all the shapes. Please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you post a screenshot of the Shapes Panel, are you going to Window > Shapes and accessing the panel from there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the sidebar panel. Windows > Shapes, like what Ged posted, then then folder for Legacy Shapes and More.

I actually made my own folder to bring them up where I wanted them after I got the ones I used.

shapes.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god! You saved my day or even week! I`ve searched for this for ages! Thank you so much!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't actually see who ha awoken this old thread, but seeing as someone has, I'd like to give a shout out to the Search Bar.  If it is not turned on then do so, because it really is a useful tool for finding your way through possibly hundreds of shapes.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but not Photoshop which is probably a handicap as I have a well trodden workflow. Is everyone saying then that selecting shapes has an extra step now by searching through loads of folders unless you create your own folder and put shapes in if you think you are going to use them at some point? It sounds like I can't just select shapes from the top and select the shape any more which may sound like a small task but does add up after a few years? Not sure why this is better now if this is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dom!

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it. BUT you can build your own set of quick access shapes by not putting them into a folder, but just dragging them into the open space below the folders - that's in the Shapes panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brandon, that's helpful I will give it a go,

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines