• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My REMOVE TOOL stopped working. It only gives me a green blob? HELP?

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed nothing. Suddenly today, as I wipped the REMOVE TOOL over some bricks, I get this green blob. HOW CAN I FIX THIS? I love this new tool....why is it not working????

HELP???

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Lets try out the bug forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-remove-tool-not-working-update-24-6/idi-p/13886191

One answer:

1. Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
2. Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
3. RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).
Note: You will need to do this for each version you use; Beta and regular.

If that doesn't work, add your situation to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas:

Reset the tool by right or ctrl clicking on its' icon in the top options bar.

Reset your Preferences. https://www.howtogeek.com/724968/how-to-reset-adobe-photoshop-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Right or Ctrl Clicking on the icon....NOTHING HAPPENS.....so.....fortunately, I have 2 computers both with Photoshop on it....so, RESETING my Preferences is not a big deal....putting it back is super easy.... I just open the other computer and then make it set back up.

So....I did "RESET MY PREFERENCES".......

And that DID NOT fix the problem. It's still the same!!!

Does anyone else have a suggestion????

Kirk Voclain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to RESET THE TOOL......I just wanted to officially say, that DID NOT fix the problem either.

HELP???????

Kirk Voclain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirk, we had a similar thread a couple of days ago.  The Remove tool can't be reset using Reset Tool from the left end of the Options Bar.  It is greyed out with the Remove tool selected.  That issue was fixed by resetting Preferences.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/remove-tool/m-p/14119221#M756882

If you check the two screen shots at the top of that thread, you'll see that he was not getting the same result as you, but I can't think of anything that would cause that green overlay, so definitely worth giving the Preferences reset a go, even if it is a PITA (I am reluctant to suggest resetting Preferences until it's the last resort).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did reset the preferences. I click ps, preferences and then ticked the checkbox to reset on quit. Then I quit. And it did reset everything. 

BUT IT DID NOT FIX MY PROBLEM. I opened a file and tried to remove something and it did EXACTLY the same thing. 

HELP!!! Is there another way I should try to reset preferences????

Kirk Voclain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other way to reset prefs is manually pulling the folder as described here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Another possibility is the video card.  Go into Performance > Preferences and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor."

I work on single layer-background locked RGB/8 bpc files, so let's get the card out of the equation.

The Remove Tool will work without it. I checked first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried unchecking "USE GRAPHICS PROCESSOR" and that did not fix the problem......Now I'm going try the other way to reset preferences....this will take me longer to respond as I have jobs to do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take your time. If you have two Macs you can install and activate 2024 on the second one and see if you have better luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have it installed on another computer and this problem does not exist on it. 

The problem only started yesterday on this computer out of the blue. No warning just popped up green. Is my next step a total re-install??

kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a few moments....did what it said...Closed PS....dragged the folder away....started PS....total reset.....OPENED a file...ran the REMOVE TOO. SAME EXACT THING.....did not work.

Did not solve the problem.

ANYONE ELSE????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it this is the full release version 25.0.0 that is giving you a problem.

Try installing the beta version, and if that works OK, reinstall Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely deleted Photoshop.......

Then I installed the previous version.......tried the remove tool and it FAILED!

So....then I installed the newest version again......and the REMOVE TOOL FAILED......

Nothing I do allows the remove tool to work on this computer......I do have Photoshop installed on my laptop and the remove tool works on that computer.....

I completely baffiled.....nothing I do works......

HELP!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets try out the bug forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-remove-tool-not-working-update-24-6/idi-p/...

One answer:

1. Go to Preferences > Image Processing...
2. Choose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing.
3. RESTART Photoshop (Photoshop > Quit Photoshop, then relaunch).
Note: You will need to do this for each version you use; Beta and regular.

If that doesn't work, add your situation to this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE....that did not work EITHER!!!!

NOTHING WORKS......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WAIT.......I restarted PS...2 times......this may have worked.....

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOMEHOW.......that fixed it..........

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Congratulations! Glad it's over and done with. Bookmark that thread for future reference. 🙂

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW I believe there may be something else going on under certain circumstances. If I open PS before I open Bridge ColorPefect (negative conversion filter) is in the filter menu, which is great, except I can't open the options in the Remove tool/Healing brush menus. If I open Birdge before PS ColorPerfect doesn't get loaded, but I can then get the options in the Remove menu. So there is a conflict where the presence of a filter cancels the options in the Remove tool menu, AND that filter doesn't load if I open Bridge before PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just had the exact same issue as OP, only with a red blob instead of green. So, I went into Preferences > Image Processing... and chose "More Stable" for Remove Tool Processing as it was suggested. After I restarted Photoshop, the problem was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines