• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How to export to SVG from Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PS file that has text that I converted to a shape, plus another shape. I want to convert that to an SVG file, but, when I use the Explort As dialog, the only export file options are GIF, PNG and JPG. If I do Save As, the only options are Photoshop, Large Document Format, Photoshop PDF, and TIFF. 

I searched the help system, there's nothing there that I can find. Did they remove SVG export from Photoshop?? I sure hope not. I have Photoshop 22.4.3. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Hi everyone,

I understand how difficult it must be not to be able to export into an SVG format through Photoshop. However, I wanted to suggest trying Adobe Express as a possible solution for converting your images into the desired format: https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/convert/svg?cgen=JQVGW3QK&mv=other

I genuinely hope this helps in your work. Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi all,

Export to SVG format functionality discontinued from Photoshop 22.5 version in August'2021 last year. This feature in Photoshop has always been experimental and discontinued due to low usage and limitations.

If you still want to export your Photoshop document as SVG, you can follow any of these workarounds here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html#discontinue-export-as-svg

For Apple M1 users: Open Photoshop using Rosetta and ensure Preferences > tec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 257 Replies 257
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another reason to quit Adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another reason to quit Adobe....

By @BrucePB

============

And use what? 

I defy you to name a currently active pixel-based image editor that can save files as math-based vectors. 😕

Different tools have different tasks.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop removing basic functionality in an attempt to get us to use even MORE of your bloated overpriced software suite.
Adobe, destroyers of workflows in search of pushing more and more convuluted software.

Such an incredibly dissapointing company on pretty much every front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop removing basic functionality in an attempt to get us to use even MORE of your bloated overpriced software suite.

By @username321123

========

Photoshop was NEVER a math-based vector graphics tool.  It has always been a pixel-based image editor.

Trying to put a square peg into a round hole never works out well.  When you need a math-based vector graphic, use a math-based vector graphics tool. You'll find plenty of options (free & paid) online.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully agreeing with you here username321123
No matter how hard Nancy es defending this unacceptable company policy. This "Was never supposed to be" doesn't change the fact that it was there and working perfectly for me! We do not ask for you to allow exporting of pixelfiles as svg, but the heck, PATHS with anchor points etc. ARE vectors! Bring that feature back!

_______
I miss the old Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to express my frustration about you guys removing such important features from your program. And in return add useless ones like that annoying AI tutorial popup. Geez.

Anyway: I just created a path and edited it manually until it was perfect. Took me over an hour. Now I noticed that the export as SVG feature is entirely missing, same for the 'use legacy save as'. Again, I do have a proper vector path ready, but how do I get it out of PS so I can edit it in Blender, just like I could before when I used an older PS version? Please help me! And no, I won't pay or install Illustrator just for that single thing.

_______
I miss the old Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't even edit or delete own posts here? Form software seems as bad as the products, lol.

Anyway, that clumsy and unnecessary, but functioning workaround from Jeff rescued me. I could save my work path this way and it exported as perfectly fine SVG into Blender. But as said, the products are just getting worse with every update. People who :black_flag:‍☠️ probably laugh hard.

_______
I miss the old Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines