• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.4 - Missing Save as formats from the menu

New Here ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to the mentioned version and the formats dropdown list only shows 3 formats: Photoshop (*.PSD;*.PDD;*.PSDT), *.PSB and TIFF (*.TIF;*.TIFF).

jane-e_0-1620929274567.png

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

If your file contains items that are not supported in your required format (e.g. layers or 16 bits/channel) then the file format is moved to the Save a Copy menu. This was driven by changes in the Mac Operating System, although the changes are applied to both Mac and Windows versions to keep the two aligned.

What's new in Photoshop

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Hi All,

We appreciate your feedback on the recent “Save a Copy” change. To address your concerns, we have created two new options in Photoshop 22.4.2 that will enable both revert to the legacy “Save As” workflow and/or omit the addended “copy” when saving as a copy. These options can be found in the File Saving Options section under Preferences > File Handling.

To quickly summarize, you will now have the option to revert to the legacy “Save As” workflow (from before recent changes) on both macOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Hi all

You may already know that flatted file formats have been relocated from the "Save as" menu option to the "Save as Copy" option in Photoshop. To learn more about this workflow update, please refer to the following quick tip: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/learn-how-to-save-all-file-formats-from-photoshop-s-save-as-dialog-quick-tip/td-p/12933468?cgen=ZFN4FD71&mv=other

Or see this video tutorial link

Hope it helps,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 839 Replies 839
Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, how pathetic!  To bad Adobe doesn't have the brains Apple has...  Such a disapointment to be forced to change this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use save a copy(Alt+Ctrl+S)  don't forget to remove the " copy" the new feature will add to the file name. 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a horrible way to change the save function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use File > Export > Export As and save as PNG?

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export is designed for small web size images it does not support large image size files.  The "Save As" dialog now has a  "Save a Copy..."  button in that button's dialog you can remove the " copy" added to the file name and save the png file you want to save.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow work around. I process way too many jobs to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, thank you all for your input.

Appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just got worked by Apple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've aproached a strange problem in Photoshop. Since yestarday the application can not save the file in jpg. or other formats. The only formats which are possible to save, are psd, psb and tiff. The only way to save file as jpg is to chose the command Export as or Save for Internet. Anybody knows what happend? 

Bez nazwy-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I don’t know how to solve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a change in v 22.4 which moved formatsxthat do not support layers to Save As Copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx so much for the answer. It might be it. I'm not sure why the Save command has changed, but you're right, I can save file in jpg. and other formats with a command Save As A Copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that adds a "Copy" into the filename.

Not useful to have that, when you have to have the same filename, ie for textures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The change is not an improvement. "Copy" is now added to the jpg file name. To remove this addition I have to perform extra actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! Thats not an improvement and fully destroy my workflow. I deinstalled the new version and installed the one before. I hope they change this again or give us an option to decide this on our own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a SUPER example of how to ruin something that worked well.
Someone got good money for it)))

I thought - this is a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true! It doesn't help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue that it totally disrupts my workflow.

I work in a PSD and save it (CTRL+Shift+S) for game textures as a TGA multiple times. Removing the "Copy" from the name everytime is annoying.

Yes, TGA does not save layers, but thats why I work inside a PSD and save it with CTRL+S routinely.

Please Adobe, revert it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is fun... NOT

All the actions I use for work, works with a save-as. Because I have to save files for big companies in different formats.

What is the reason for this, to build another workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I found this thread! I had uninstalled and re-installed PS to try to figure out what was happening. Did someone not realize that 'Save A Copy' is exacly what 'Save As..." means?

I suggest they change the 'Save As...' menu item to read: "Save As PSD, PSB or TIF" since that is its new function, apparently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this problem. I legitimatly dislike that now I have to erase the word copy from each photo. Last two updates Adobe really are just messing with us at this point. Crop freezing, stupid workflow changes that LITERALLY NO ONE wants. Its like they really thought this was a good idea...like hey lets go ahead and make saving as a jpg annoying and they all said yup thats a fun one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is plenty of reason for me to dump photoshop. But I guess that's what they wanted. We'll both move on and be fine with the new arrangement. But really they just could have declined my monthly payment, would have been easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no longer an option to save my psd file as a PDF. The dropdown only has 3 options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should use Save a Copy instead of Save As, please read official instructions from here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a terrible "feature" as we do a lot of saving to .pdf and this has broken saved actions. This will not work with current actions and if you want to create a new one you have to use the menu command save as copy instead of using the dialogue box within the save as menu- it would not save to the folder this way. Plus I do not want to save as a copy as it leaves "copy" at the end of the file names and brings up an additional dialogue box if you want to save the original when closing the file. Please change this back! Very inconenient and not a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines