• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.9.0 Generative fill not working (something went wrong, please try again)

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try Generative expand or fill the progress bar pops up, gets 1/3rd of the way through then it errors out with a message that says "Something went wrong, please try again"

I've unintalled and reinstalled photoshop, and this issue still persists. How can I fix this so that genertive fill will work again? I rely on this tool heavily to fix images so they work for publications and i need this to be fixed.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.04.26 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Hey everybody.

Generative fill was down for a bit but is now functioning normally. Sorry for the inconveience. 

FYI... If in doubt, you can always check Adobe Status for up-to-date information on the status of any Adobe services.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 126 Replies 126
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's true. Maybe someone in the group will be able to explain this get us back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

어제까지만 해도 잘 되던게 갑자기 오늘 아침에 실행할려고 하니까 안되기 시작했습니다 저만그런거 아닌거같은데 이거 왜이러나요 삭제 재설치 이미 해봤습니다.

스크린샷 2024-05-24 090221.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das Tool - Generative Füllung - arbeitet nicht. Ich bekomme immer nur die Fehlermeldung "Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte versuchen sie es erneut". Was kann ich tun?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Updated Photoshop, checked firewall settings, rebooted the PC... nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue after updating Photoshop to v25.9. Gernerative AI worked fine this morning before upgrading but now getting the "Something went wrong. Please try again error.." As others have noted I have reinstalled PS, rebooted, checked firewall settings, etc. Error still happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Please help Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to Press and Hold  Shift and then open photoshop.
It will ask if you wish to Skip Loading optional and third party plugins.
Click on Yes and then check if it works.
If it works, then you may reset Photoshop preferences but it would remove any plugins,action or presets and you will have to reimport them again.
Use this link for complete instructions to reset photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Search for Reset Photoshop Preferences> Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Seems to be a bug since there are a lot of people just today saying it's a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It was working about two hours ago and all of a sudden just stopped. I've updated, re-installed and still having the issue. Glad to know it's not just me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue 😕

It seems like we are all having this issue at the same time... Maybe it is something on Adobe's end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's got to be something on Adobe's end. I just tried generative fill on my other computer that PS has not been updated and got the same error. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, still getting the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a same problem like for 2 hours now 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue. I think its down given the responses on this thread. ANNOYING. adobe is so frustrating and clunky fr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue now too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be a global issue. Everyone in my company on Photoshop experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be, nobody in my workplace can access it either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe they're trying to show us just how much we've come to rely on this tool in a very short amount of time.

Kim Leary (she/her)

Marketing & Communications Manager

Homeward Pet Adoption Center

(personal information redacted)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thought 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me too.  I'm pleased that it isn't just me, so hope Adobe will fix the problem soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me, started maybe 2 hours ago (3pm pacific time). How do we fix it? Im so close to finishing my current shoot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT JUST WORKED FOR ME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

resorting back to clone stamp until it gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines