• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 25.9.0 Generative fill not working (something went wrong, please try again)

New Here ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try Generative expand or fill the progress bar pops up, gets 1/3rd of the way through then it errors out with a message that says "Something went wrong, please try again"

I've unintalled and reinstalled photoshop, and this issue still persists. How can I fix this so that genertive fill will work again? I rely on this tool heavily to fix images so they work for publications and i need this to be fixed.

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 4.04.26 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Hey everybody.

Generative fill was down for a bit but is now functioning normally. Sorry for the inconveience. 

FYI... If in doubt, you can always check Adobe Status for up-to-date information on the status of any Adobe services.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 126 Replies 126
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mans is in the trenches out here 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the exact same issue jus this morning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what's going on, but someone needs to hit control+z on whatever they did to make this function disappear.  I'm so close to being done for the day. Ughhhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue after updating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really need AI to work. i am getting the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having this same issue after updating in May. This is an adobe issue not a user issue. It's very frustrating when companies put issues like this on the customers. If we hadn't already tried all the fixes we wouldn't come to internet for an answer. However, we never hear from you that it's a bug on your end. Just a never ending set of steps that do not work to "fix" your issue. You are the "experts"-- we are the customers. With respect, maybe you should fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest verison of photoshop yesterday and I am now having the same issue. Has anyone contacted support? What did they say? I even tried going back to an old verison and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, in both adobe and lightroom classic. It started in LRC with the new tool even before the PS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi will this be fixed soon?

Same thing happening 

Started about 10 minutes ago 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - was wondering if it was just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Generative Fill  stopped working about an hour ago- - it was fine all day. Seems from these threads that it has nothimg to do with Firewall or updates. Is calling Adobe even helpful? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just replying to confirm this is also happening to me as well. its a software wide issue. has nothing to do wtih firewall. please raise this with devs it could be a buig with the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happening to me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my boss have the same issue, different adobe accounts. 
Help Adobe! We need this fixed asap! 
we love the generative fill!! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here in New Zealand.
Impossible to use generative fill anymore, I always get  "Something went wrong"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the same with version 25.9.0 or 25.7.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working for me either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working in Photoshop or Lightroom. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue as of today, and been doing all the troubleshooting. Adobe support is not answering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's a relief that it's not just me, hopefully they fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

started facing same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going through the same thing right now. Wonder what caused it. Do you think someone on the adobe team is already aware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try to Press and Hold  Shift and then open photoshop.
It will ask if you wish to Skip Loading optional and third party plugins.
Click on Yes and then check if it works.
If it works, then you may reset Photoshop preferences but it would remove any plugins,action or presets and you will have to reimport them again.
Use this link for complete instructions to reset photoshop preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/using/preferences.html
Search for Reset Photoshop Preferences> Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines