• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Update 24 Feb 2023: Rulers not visible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update the rulers and guides are not visible and will not turn on with the crtl R. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

[Title edited for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 180 Replies 180
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @huffordmark have you tried resetting you preferences?

Go to Photoshop Preferences/General and click the reset button. Quit and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, uninstalled and reinstalled and still not rulers or guides. Everthing is checked as on but no view for the ruler at all. Any suggestions on how to get back to the previous version before the update? Frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@huffordmark wrote:

Any suggestions on how to get back to the previous version before the update?

You can go back to the previous version using the CC app.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Just figured out how to go back to the previous version, but lost all my history and preset formats in doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @huffordmark go to Edit>Presets>Migrate Presets.

If that does not work you can go to the current version and using the same menu Export your presets then Import on the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @huffordmark sorry you are seeing this. Testing on Win11 with the new 24.2 build and Ctr+R is showing/hiding the rulers as expected.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/keyboard-shortcuts-stop-photoshop-mac.html

Check the link above for other possible solutions.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory you mentioned Windows11 so does this mean Windows 10 is no longer supported on updates? Nothing else has changed on my computer, no third party extensions. Chrome is up to date and I don't have the other apps in the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @huffordmark. We mentioned Win11 because that is the machine we have to test this on, but Win10 is fully supporte for Ps.  For your reference:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/system-requirements.html

Resetting your keyboard shortcuts would be the next thing to try.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark - did you have any luck with this? My rulers have disappeared too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to get Windows 10 out of the way, rulers work as they should here on Windows 10 Pro 22H2.

Mark, when Kevin asked you to reset preferences, you replied that you had already uninstalled/reinstalled.

That is not the same thing! Preferences are stored in your user account, not the program files. An uninstall will normally not reset preferences. The preferences contain the full app configuration, any change in any configuration since the application was first launched. It is much more than just your own deliberate settings.

Preferences are prone to corruption since they are rewritten on every application exit, as opposed to read-only program files.

In addition, migrating preferences from a previous version can be risky. They may not mean exactly the same thing in the new version - but more importantly, small errors accumulate and can grow bigger over time. The migration process can be the final tipping point. It's always safer to start with fresh preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lizzy I ended up using the CC App and reinstalled the previous version and rulers are functioning again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D Fosse, I tried Kevins suggestion and when that didn't work, I uninstalled and reinstalled the new update and still no rulers, so reverted back to the previous version. I did not try migrating preferences. Thanks for the clarification. I will just have to not install the newest version. I need the ruler function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahha - thank you. I may try that too then! Fingers crossed it all works out soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rulers have disappeared too. Had to uninstall latest version and install previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Photoshop update to 24.2.0 the rulers are invisible!!! 

They are there, because if I switch the showing of rulers (View > Rulers), it's visible that the interface shows/hides the rulers, but they are invisible! 

I attached 2 screenshots, one with "show rulers" on and one with "show rulers" off.

If you switch between these screenshots directly (not closing one and then opening the other) it's clearly visible that Ps shows/hides the rulers, but they are just invisible when showed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an issue hitting a few users with 24.2.

Can you post your entire Help > System Info?

Also try to check "deactivate native canvas" in preferences. This reverts to older GPU code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My rulers have disappeared also. I reverted back to 24.1.1 until this gets fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the solution I found in another post, it worked for me!:

==============

Thank you so much, Please follow this step and then restart your Photoshop and check whether the issue gets resolved or not, Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labelled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labelled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop.

=============

Original post location: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/rulers-not-showing-in-workspace-after...

Rocío López-Bretzlaff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's working

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'ts working Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to show/hide the rulers with CTRL+R in Photoshop 24.2 und Window 10 22H2 and it work as it should.

I don't think it's an generic error in the latest update. I think it depends on the individual configuration of each computer.

Please check if your system is up-to-date. All updates, patches and device driver has to be installed.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AxelMatt 

I've tried to show/hide the rulers with CTRL+R in Photoshop 24.2 und Window 10 22H2

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 12.1 - Photoshop 24.1. - Nik Collection

Hi Axel, you have written both 23.2 and 24.1. I'm sure one of them is a typo?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines