• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Update 24 Feb 2023: Rulers not visible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update the rulers and guides are not visible and will not turn on with the crtl R. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

[Title edited for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 180 Replies 180
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm having this same problem - glad to know I'm not alone. Guess I'll just have to go back to the last version. Maybe it's just me, but little bugs like this seem to happen with a lot of the minor Ps updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Windows 10. Resetting preferences didn't solve the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corey,

The keyboard shortcut was already Cntl+R.. I removed it and re-entered it. No change.

The window does change in size when using the shortcut but nothing new (i.e., rulers) appears. Hopefully your programmers can make fixing the thigns they broke a high priority to repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PC with old GPU and are using the graphics processor at PS startup, the ruler will disappear (ctrl+R). If the graphics processor is not used when PS is started, the ruler will be displayed.
The PC with relatively new GPU, it will display correctly.
The graphics processor compatibility check shows that it can be used, but has there been any change in the GPU requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e 

This isn't a typo. I've forgotten to change my signature after updating Photoshop to 24.2

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last five months (after v. 24 release) my rulers will not show in Photoshop. I am on a Windows 10 laptop. I have been using PSP since 1994 and have had no issues like this prior. Nothing is hidden and toolbars are not covering anything. The program appears to "adjust/shift in screen" as if the rulers will appear, but it remains blank. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same no rulers issue.

Started with Rulers turned on but not showing. Then turned on >Show Grid. Black blank lines appeared where the rulers usually show. I then turned off and on Rulers and they now are showing. May not be permanent fix, but at least it works for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, let's make sure this is not a graphics driver issue.  Could everyone with NVidia cards make sure they have updated to the latest and see if this solves this.  The team has noted that no code was changed that would result in this issue between 24.1.1 and 24.2.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/193235/en-us/

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

I work with a NVidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti and have installed the latest Studio Driver version 528.49.

On my system the ruler works as it should.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all, the team will investigate this isue.

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem, but just turned on "Snap to -- Guides" under the View menu, and my rulers are back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour. 

J'utilise Photoshop CC pour la première fois depuis la dernière mise à jour exécutée cette semaine.

Problème : les règles ont disparu. Impossible de les réafficher.

Dans le menu affichage, elles sont bien cochées. L'image laisse bien la place pour elles le long des côtés du plan de travail. Mais, impossible de les afficher. Avec Ctrl+R, l'image se modifie pour leur laisser la place, mais il n'y a pas d'affichage.

Je suis allé sur l'aide pour controle. Mais, rien n'y a changé.

Ce problème a-t-il déjà été repéré ?

Merci pour vos réponses.

Cordialement.

mimagnier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 Pro with the latest PS update, and I, too, do not have rulers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My rulers are not showing after the recent update. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The view > show > grid workaround seems to have brought my rulers
back! At least temporarily. Thank you for this suggestion 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I just installed Photoshop 24.2.0 and the rulers dissapered. Yes, they were turned on & all the settings were propperly set in the prefferences (I'm using Windows 10. Dell pecision workstation tower 5810). Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix? I reinstalled the previouse version & the rulers came back however I'd really like to use the most current version of photoshop since I teach Photoshop. Thanks, Frederick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I have the same problem. Windows 10 64 bit installed, Nvidia Quadro K2200, 16 GB RAM, Intel I7 6700 CPU 3,4 GHz. The previous version works properly. I'll try to update the video drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated the video drivers, but nothing has changed. The rulers are not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@grafo1965 

try this step and then restart your Photoshop and check whether the issue gets resolved or not,

Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labeled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labeled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! It's all right now! thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines