• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Update 24 Feb 2023: Rulers not visible

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After today's update the rulers and guides are not visible and will not turn on with the crtl R. Anyone else have this issue? How do I fix this?

[Title edited for clarity]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 180 Replies 180
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour.

Heureux de constater que je ne suis pas le seul impacté par le problème des règles.

(Pas une raison pour être heureux qu'elles ne marchent plus !!!)

J'ai troubé un truc : pour les réafficher, voilà ce que je fais : dans le menu Afficher, je fait basculer Tout / rien.

Cela remarche normalement jusqu'à fermeture de Toshop.

Petite question : à force d'utiliser les fonctions, je ne sais plus si les règles s'affichent s'il n'y a pas de fichier chargé. Actuellement, elles ne s'affichent que s'il y a une image.

Si cette inbtervention peut servir...

Remarque sur le fonctionnement de Photoshop d'une version à l'autre : je remarque depuis très longtemps que j'ai l'impression qu'il y a deux équipes qui développent et entretiennent le logiciel. Car, je constate que d'une version à l'autre, des modifs fonctionnent bien une version sur deux. Un peu comme si, entre les équipes, les travaux de l'une n'est jamais pris en compte par l'autre. Exemple : les coins du cadre de recadrage : une fois, les marques de coin sont des traits fin et discrets qui semblent ne pas être affecté par la taille d'affichage de l'image et l'autre fois, on est « emmerdé » par des traits de coin immenses et très gênants. Avez-vous des idées là-dessus ?

Cordialement.

mimagnier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked for me. I hope they fix it properly soon...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear (and that's another user's solution) originally suggested by adobe support.  so, adobe is aware of the problem (and the fix).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10 デスクトップでPhotoShopを使用しています。

本日v24.2にアップデートされており、使用の際、定規が透明になってしまっていて正常に表示されません。(表示/定規にはチェックが付いています。)

ガイドを引きたい際不便です。

前のバージョンv24.1.1に戻すと定規は問題なく表示されました。

定規が透明になってしまい表示されないのは新しいバージョンの仕様なのでしょうか。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

事前に検索はしていたのですが、同じ質問があったのですね。

ご丁寧にありがとうございます。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop 24.2 (running under Windows 10 / 22H2) my rulers disappeared (it's not "CTRL+R") ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put ctrl R for my rulers and they dont show

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they appear if you use the menu directly i.e. View > Rulers?

If so, has the keyboard shortcut been changed in Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts  > Application Menus > View > Rulers?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @vanesaenchivilcoy this has been well documented in here. Go to Preferences/Technology Preview and check "Disable Native Canvas" and "Older GPU (2016) mode".

That should resolve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vanesaenchivilcoy 

This is a known issue and the team is investigating. I've moved your post to the primary thread for you.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, no rulers. I cannot use the studio driver. for some reason, it will not install, MB is only 1.5 yrs old as is the CPU and memory. and NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti. but they worked fine before update 24. all drivers, and bios are up to date. tried a half dozen suggestions from other sites to no avail. guides still work though, but without rulers, how to I set them for accurate guides? view>show grid, turned them back on but for how long I dont know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labeled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labeled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to 24.2 I can't see the ruler. If I activate it the current picture moves some pixel to right and down but no ruler appears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I found the workaround in discussions... deactivate technology preview "deactivate native workspace" and "older gpu mode"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is frustrating!  I have done everything that is in this forum and my rulers are still invisible.  I need my rulers!  The Adobe team was "investigating this issue" as of 2/27/23.  Have they found a fix?  I have a job to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@susanh3249637 @defaultw41ep1mmcm6l 

Open Photoshop's preferences by clicking on Edit > Preferences > Go to Technology preview, you will find an option labeled as "Deactivate native canvas", check mark it, and then see there should be another option that is labeled as "Use older node of GPU 2016", check mark it and then restart the Photoshop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened to the rulers feature??  I went to the top menu bar and checked to make sure it was on... either way it does not appear!

Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultw41ep1mmcm6l take a look at this thread, there's also workarounds mentioned to get the rulers back.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-update-24-feb-2023-rulers-not-vi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I went back to an older version and got the rulers back. I will save your fix for another time when I can take a chance and update to the new version again to try it.

Susan Hawkins
<Removed personal information. Be careful with email signatures when replying>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its visible again, thank a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's another fix in ps 23...when you press the shortcut key ctrl + R / cmd + R there are rules on the canvas but not visible...

just press 2 times the grid shortcut ctrl + " or cmd + " and they'll probably will become visible again..it is a bug but it works 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kgladYour fix worked for me! My rulers are back! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines