• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Program error while opening or creating new document after Photoshop 22.1 update [2020]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday's update, can´t even open a jpg file. Always says: Could not complete your request because of a program error. I need to work.

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, PS-52603}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi all,

05/20 update: We have resolved another program error issue while dragging assets from libraries to the artboard in Photoshop 22.4.1 update. Could you please update Photoshop to the 22.4.1 version via the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and let us know your feedback.

Here's how you update Photoshop to its latest version: Update Creative Cloud apps

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 1058 Replies 1058
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so distressing!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally understand!!! I've been in this boat myself in the past. We're working hard on helping our customers and understand the distress you are under.  Please know we are looking at this issue closely. Unfortunately, there are a few different root causes and we are still identifying them individually. 

We are working on a patch but the above steps should help to get you working again in the meantime. 

Thanks, Sympa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking Graphics Processor solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes go to preferences, performance then uncheck "use Graphics processor". This solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have same problem cannot open o create new file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like there there is nothing much we can do at the moment other than wait. It's already been 4days since the problem started and I am quite surprised to see that the problem is not fixed yet. Adobe should seriously consider compensation for our lost work and time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled Using the Graphic Processor and cleared recent files and it is working now:
2222.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here turned off Graphics processor and still get the same problem will not open Raw or jpeg this is really grappy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the updated version and ok installed the earlier version. At
least you can continue working. I will wait for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a fix for this yet?  Why was this released without testing.

?  I have had orders canceled because I can't give them a delivery date!  Come on Adobe - you are better than this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is everyone using a Mac computer or PC? Just wondering if Mac laptops are having this issue also. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'd like to debug which of the 4 possible root causes affects you please follow the steps linked here Program Error opening files.

If you are on an urgent deadline and do not have time to debug - please revert to the previous version of Photoshop by following the steps linked here Revert to the previous Photoshop version

We are working on a patch but the above steps should help to get you working again in the meantime. 

Thanks, Sympa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as I can remember, new releases, no matter how well tested in beta, does have problems when released into the wild. Even in the CS days, holding on to the previous release for at least a month was recommended.

The Creative Cloud Desktop app has an option to remove old version during install.  In the future keep that box unchecked so you can continue to make your deadlines if your system has problems with any new version. You will still have the option to uninstall.

Still keeping that earlier version helps if you have third party extensions and plugins that have not yet been updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally quit in frustration

I can't even CLOSE photoshop without going to the Task Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and I tried to install the previous version- to no avail. I cannot open any files (new or from my computer) or close Photoshop without Task Manager.

Hey Adobe you owe me a refund for 2 days without a solution 😉 and on strict deadlines...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Goodness, I figured it out, at least for myself, hopefully, it will help others

I installed the previous version (21.2.4) and then uninstalled version 22.0. Before I had only installed the previous version but had not uninstalled the new one, so they were running simultaneously (I guess). It works now, yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running a PC or a Mac?

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PC... got up and running today to uninstalling PS 2021 and installing the
last version. That wasn’t working over the weekend, but I tried again this
morning and got it to work!--

Cami

Cambria McCue

McAbbott Studios

804-505-0443

Visit me at:

www.mcabbottstudios.com
[image: 8x12 Gallery Collage.jpg]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Hurry Up, we are realy facing trouble. Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but now with the 21. version as well now. I tried the photoshop recommended fix but nothing changed.

Please fix this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjours j'ai des problème aussi avec photoshop il s'ouvre mais impossible de mettre des photos comment désactivé la carte graphique?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sha-dh710_0-1603898898816.png

Lancez d'abord PS à partir de Windows.

Il apparaît un premier écran avec lequel PS ne câle pas encore.

Allez dans les Configurations/Préférences/Performance et enlevez le cochet activant le processeur graphique.

(J'espère que ma traduction des points de menu est correctes. Je les déduis de ma version allemande)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only 6 days until Luminar AI is released... Half of us will probably jump ship and go there if this isn't fixed. I hear it is spectacular. I'm shocked this hasn't been fixed yet. I hope they don't actually intend on charging us for this month's fee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past three years I have had no problems with Affinity Photo and its 10 updates. I even got it for free with another purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Affinity Photo is solid, and more than a match for Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines